Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook Profile wont link with SPOTIFY

Facebook Profile wont link with SPOTIFY

Hi,

I have been a member with SPOTIFY for a number of years now and my original account was created using FACEBOOK, after a while i ended up buying the spotify premium which for whatever reason has changed my account from being linked with facebook to its own standalone account.

My issue now is that because i created my spotify account using facebook my spotify is always linked to my facebook account but i have since changed my facebook account.... so now spotify is trying to link to an account that doesn't exist anymore.

I can't see an option within preferences where i am able to disconnect from the old facebook profle and direct it to my new one.

Does a moderator at SPOTIFY need to modify my account and remove the old facebook details so i can link to my current facebook account??

thanks for any info.

JT.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Google Pixel 2 XL and Surface PRO 4 tablet.

Operating System

(Android Oreo, Windows 10.)

1 Reply

Hey there @towny36!

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the delayed reply.

If you've initially created your account via Facebook, we're afraid it will not be possible to connect it to another Facebook profile.

You can create a new account via Spotify and add the new Facebook profile to it.

Take a look at this page to see how to transfer your playlists to the new account.

We hope this helps. We'll be here if you have any updates or questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts