Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan Name Edit

Family Plan Name Edit

Hello

So I input the incorrect name for the family plan thinking it was the time to add a family memeber so i have the name of my family member as the owner which should be me. How can i edit that? I tried to delete the account and nothing happened. Thoughts?

Thank you

9 Replies

Hey @antonioandrade4,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan. 

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account and subscribe to Premium for Family on that account. Don’t forget to cancel the plan on your old account 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This really needs to be fixable!!!

This is rubbish. I did the same mistake. This user journey is wrong! I also thought it was time to add family member. And you can't change it! Really! Fix this

Same here. This is flat bad user interaction and Spotify should be ashamed of the response.

I did the same freaking thing

Agree with above comments. Should default to who is creating family plan, thought I was adding family members.

Same here, and it looks like we're not alone. Astonishing that the only way to resolve it is to give up years of listening history. Incredible failure. 

Me too #Fail

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding this!

Unfortunately, there's currently no way to edit the name provided when a Premium for Family plan was initially set up.

However, keep in mind if you've entered the wrong name by mistake, it should only be visible in the invites sent and it shouldn't affect how the plan works.  Further, the correct account will still be charged. You can double check this by heading to your Account Overview page here.

To avoid confusion, we'd suggest giving a heads up about this to the family members you're planning on inviting to your plan.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts