Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

From premium to free, why?

From premium to free, why?

My last payment for premium family is from April 2. But now my account is downgraded to 'free'. On all devices and for all the family. How to fix this?

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

7 Replies

Hey there @Otto10

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you pay for Premium but can't use your Premium features (ad-free listening, download music for offline listening, etc.), try the following steps.

We'd also suggest you check this help page for more useful tips on how to solve payment-related issues. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hi Ivan, thanks for stepping in. Unfortunately your suggestions doesn't help me further. If I go to account it say's that I have a free account. If I check my payments, it is say's that my last payment is done April 2. So I have payed already for this month. No payment issues as far as I can see. It is not possible to check my creditcard details, because they are not there anymore (as Spotify thinks I have a free account). The only possibility I see now to get to premium family again it so upgrade again. Or do you see other possibilities.

Hey @Otto10

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts. This way you can find the Premium account you're paying for. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Thanks again Ivan. But if it was like you suggest, I wouldn't see all my playlist, would I? And in that case, why are at the same time my family members downgraded to 'free' as well? Nevertheless I have checked your suggestions via the help page. I didn't find any other accounts. So what I did now is just upgraded to Premium Family again. And everything is working again now, including my playlists. I had to invite my family members again, and that worked well. I am afraid that I paid for two weeks double.

Conclusion, problem is solved. I must say... I really love Spotify! But the whole support possibilities are terrible (no offence Ivan). In my opinion it would be normal (and very helpful) to have at least a live chat functionality with a helpdesk for paying customers of Spotify.

Hey @Otto10

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you. Now you can enjoy your music with Spotify again. 

Enjoy your day! 

just go on pc.

after you opened spotify on pc go to account and then it should open in youre browser.

On the side there is a option premium go there and choose youre formula you want.

enter youre payment and then you should be good to go again.

Suggested posts