Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift card not working

Solved!

Gift card not working

I have tried to contact spotify 3 times now. A gift card that has been purchased for me on Christmas is not working. On the receipt from the shop (Big W) it says that the gift card has been approved. Given that it has been "approved" Big W refused to refund or replace the 6-month premium gift card. Due to the card having been approved, Big W said it was spotify's problem. I have lodged 2 contact forms and emailed the Sydney contact. I have had no reply nor have I been advised that my problem has even been received. Has anyone else had this problem? And if a member of spotify reads this, please answer your emails.

35 Replies
Marked as solution

@Msowle

If you have emailed support, they usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ive got the same problem. Bought a 3 month gift card from 7-11 less that 24 hours ago and still does not work. Can someone help solve this?

I also have purchased a $36 gift card from Big W and it shows that is has been approved. They informed me i have to contact spotify directly which seams to be impossible and an extremly long process. All i want is my 3 months subscription please.

@NathanG wrote:

I have tried to contact spotify 3 times now. A gift card that has been purchased for me on Christmas is not working. On the receipt from the shop (Big W) it says that the gift card has been approved. Given that it has been "approved" Big W refused to refund or replace the 6-month premium gift card. Due to the card having been approved, Big W said it was spotify's problem. I have lodged 2 contact forms and emailed the Sydney contact. I have had no reply nor have I been advised that my problem has even been received. Has anyone else had this problem? And if a member of spotify reads this, please answer your emails.

I have had the exact same issue.

I bought a $36 voucher for my friend around 2 weeks ago as a birthday present and didn't keep the receipt.

When it came to him activating it he gets the error message "Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service."

I tried to complain in store but the attendant refused to do anything to help.

I then complained online and 7-eleven have now told me to contact spotify directly as it has been activated from there end.

This is really awesome given Spotify makes it exceptionally hard for you to contact them directly.

Thanks Spotify for helpng me out! My account is now premium thanks to your great support. It took about 3 days but stilll got it working. The emails helped and again thanks for sorting out the problem.

I can confirm my card is also now working. 7 eleven responded to me with...

Dear Simon,

We have been advised by Spotify that they were having issues globally with redemptions however it has now been resolved. If you try your Spotify Card now it should work.

For anything further please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Felise
7-Eleven Stores Australia
Customer Service Consultant

I then tried to activate the card today and it worked.

Hi,

I have also had the same problem, never considered a $36 gift voucher could be so difficult!

Can anyone help,purchased from Woolworths apprx 4 hours ago and keeps stating that the code is invalid arrrr!!!

Thank you in advance

Col

i need help with my gift card activation ....

I have recieved the same 36 dollar gift card and I got the same error message saying "unfortunately this premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again". Can someone help me please? I don't know what to do....

Marked as solution

@hlee2827

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

the best way to contact spotify is through their twitter page.

https://www.twitter.com/SpotifyCares

happy listening!

This just happened to me too. Any suggestions? 

When this happened to me it was an issue on Spotify’s side. I tried again a
day later and it was ok, which was lucky because the store would not give
me a refund as I had no receipt.

Hey @ice_girl3

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

My $60 card is not working. I just got it today.

Can someone help?

Hey @ashleyrolo16

Welcome to the Community, thanks for reaching out about this.

If you're still having issues redeeming your gift card, we'd recommend taking a look at this article for some useful tips on how to do it. 

In case this doesn't do the trick, you can reach out to our Support team here, who'd be happy to assist you further and check if everything's in order with your gift card. 

If you have any other doubts, we'll be right here 🙂

Have a good one!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts