Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help changing credit card!!

Solved!

Help changing credit card!!

I need to change the credit card info on my spotify account, spotify website is no good and the app has no link to do it either. Is a there a quick fix to this? Anyone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have two options then. 

Firstly, you can cancel your current subscription from your online account, then remove your old card (the system won't let you do it whilst your subscription is live) and then resubscribe using your new card. 

Alternatively, if you get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get it updated manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hey!

Welcome to the Community. You can change your details from here. If you have any trouble, just let us know.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

does it interrupt my service when i change credit card numbers?

Only if payment fails on the due day - otherwise service should be uninterrupted.

I've also had problems with this, and I have gone to the link posted however it says that there is an error in changing my card information.

@jakewhalen1 Is your existing paynebt made by a card? If your card meets all the criteria ad you get the same problem using a different browser I suggest you get in touch with the payment team. Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

@jakewhalen1 wrote:

I've also had problems with this, and I have gone to the link posted however it says that there is an error in changing my card information.

Just out of interest, are you updating your current card with a new one? If so, does it have the same card number as the old one (but different expiry dates)? 

I have seen issues because of that before. 

Peter

Peter

Yes, it's just that the card expired so the bank sent me the same card with a different expiration date on it.
Marked as solution

You have two options then. 

Firstly, you can cancel your current subscription from your online account, then remove your old card (the system won't let you do it whilst your subscription is live) and then resubscribe using your new card. 

Alternatively, if you get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get it updated manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I have a UK Spotify Premium account and I want to change my payment method from Paypal to a UK credit card.  I'm currently in the US, but every time I try to add my UK credit card I get the message that it can't be added right now.  Can someone help?

I was told that I had to upgrade to Premium to keep using my account while out of the UK for more than 14 days.  I don't really want to set up a US account as I'll be home soon and all my credit cards are UK cards.

Thanks

@kpspotify Hey! Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Are you trying to upgrade with an AmEx at all?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yep!

Sorry, just to clarify, it's not that I'm trying to upgrade, I just want to change my payment method.

I received a new credit card so I need to change my payment method. But when I click "change", it told me I need to enter my postcode. Then I entered and press change, the error message shows up. How can I do to change it?

I try it on chrome and safari but didn't work either.

123.png

What does the error message say in English?

Peter

Thanks for your reply!

It means "Oh! There was an error occurred. Please try again or visit our help center."

I just tried it again, but still didn't work.

Weird you shouldn't need to enter your postcode unless you are trying to change the country registered on your account (to match your payment card). 

Do you currently have an active subscription?

Peter

I never change my country, and my new card is from the same bank.

I up load My subscription information picture below. The VISA data is still old one.

12345.jpg

Definitely something not quite right there, I have a feeling this is going to require a little bit of digging so if you could get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form they should be able to lend a hand.

Peter

Great! (And why there isn't any contact link on Taiwan spotify page...)

Thank you so much for help. I'll get in touch with them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts