Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Hijacked Account?

Solved!

Hijacked Account?

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung S10+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I've been having weird playlists that appear on my 'Recently Played', but I've never touched or heard of them before. I've changed password and logged out of everything before. But then these random playlists come back again. What's also weird is that it shows that I've followed random people but I didn't follow them myself. I'm not sure what's going on and would be happy for any suggestions since I'm a bit confused. I don't think anyone has actual hold of my account since I've got quite a bit of authentication on my Facebook and I've never seen a anyone actively use my spotify on other devices. I've attached the playlists below.

Thanks in advance,

Millen

20191210_131154~2.jpg
20191210_131130~2.jpg
20191210_131142~2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @MillenL

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again. 

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @MillenL

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again. 

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps!

Suggested posts