Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Solved!

How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

139 Replies

How do i find a facebook dood without a facebook account

@ChillzHD wrote:

How do i find a facebook dood without a facebook account

You need to know their numerical username, and then search for it using:

spotify:user:USERNAME

If you are in this situation, since you will need to ask them for that anyways, it is normally easier to just ask them to send you a link (Right click > Copy HTTP link) to one of their playlists, since you can easily follow the links to their own profile from that. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think everyone would agree; If you don't have a Facebook account, than the solutions proposed by Spotify are only workarounds. Basically, Spotify didn't engineer their software for Spotify users. They engineered it for Facebook users. So us people who don't have Facebook have a considerably crappier experience. This is not a mistake. It's by design. And I obviously do not agree with the design, which I believe is quite subpar on this particular point.

Remove the brackets

I cant get spotify to look up users on my mobil premium subscription.Always says please try another search. How do I fix this?

@telarroja wrote:
I cant get spotify to look up users on my mobil premium subscription.Always says please try another search. How do I fix this?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

To my knowledge the spotify:user:USERNAME search only works on the desktop client (and maybe iPad? not sure!). 

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an alternative search for usernames on mobile devices.

Peter

Peter

Where do I find the numeric user name?

Spoiler

@whosPink wrote:

Where do I find the numeric user name?

Spoiler

It is shown on your online overview 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Thank you!!!!:) you made my day! That problem really disturbed me until I red your comment, thanks!!! I didn't´t find my friend who hasn't´t facebook but now I have find her:) I mean the comment from David, comment number two

I have gotten friend requests from losts of other non premium users, so I'm fairly sure that me not being a premium user has nothing to do wt my ability wt sending out friend requests. How do you send out friend requests?

@gr33nmind wrote:

I have gotten friend requests from losts of other non premium users, so I'm fairly sure that me not being a premium user has nothing to do wt my ability wt sending out friend requests. How do you send out friend requests?

When you say friend requests you mean to Follow someone? 

Peter

Peter

sorry yes I mean follow, how can you follow a friend from facebook who uses spotify, w/o waiting for the random follow message to appear. Most of the people that it asks me to follow, do not even have a library, so the suggestions are kinda pointless. Only rarely does a green follow box appear, wt a person that even uses spotify, wt a good music library. 

@gr33nmind wrote:

sorry yes I mean follow, how can you follow a friend from facebook who uses spotify, w/o waiting for the random follow message to appear. Most of the people that it asks me to follow, do not even have a library, so the suggestions are kinda pointless. Only rarely does a green follow box appear, wt a person that even uses spotify, wt a good music library. 

If you know the name of the person then you should just be able to search for them in the main search box and as long as you are friends on Facebook you should get a search suggestion for their profile under the heading "users":

users.png

Does that not work? 

Peter

Peter

Thanx, today it did. Do you have to be logged into facebook first? I'm only aking because usually when I type in a users name, it  doesn't appear.  I just get tracks, artists, and albums.

@gr33nmind wrote:

Thanx, today it did. Do you have to be logged into facebook first? I'm only aking because usually when I type in a users name, it  doesn't appear.  I just get tracks, artists, and albums.

Yes, that functionality requires your account to be connected to Facebook either from the Edit > Preferences menu if you have a Spotify username style account or by logging into Spotify using Facebook. 

Peter

Peter

Don't type in the [ ] just the username

Shouldn't this be a hell of a lot easier?

@ead101 wrote:

Shouldn't this be a hell of a lot easier?

No comment on that one 😛 

But there is now a full tutorial here too 😉 

Peter

Peter

do you need facebook

@kyle2033 wrote:

do you need facebook

No, you can create an account without Facebook from the signup page

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts