Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to Create or Have an Artist profile?

Solved!

How to Create or Have an Artist profile?

My song was released today,  but it was address to a different person (artist) that has the same name as mine, I dont have an artist profile that's why the song was address to that artist and not to me.  So how do i create an artist profile so that i can claim my own song? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ehm4209 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If your music’s on a different artist profile, there are a few ways to get it fixed.

Contact your distributor

If you deliver music through one of Spotify's preferred distributors, you can contact them to fix your music:

The preferred distributors use best practices to reduce metadata problems. They also let you deliver music with a specified artist ID which helps prevent your music getting mixed up in the future.

If you deliver your music through a distributor that isn't listed above, I'd recommend contacting the Spotify for Artists support team and letting them know there’s music on the wrong artist profile.

Once your music’s in the right place, they can also help you get access to Spotify for Artists.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You cannot create your own artist page as it is automatically generated.

In this case, it'll be generated as soon as your music has been moved away from the other artist's page.

MaximSpotify Star

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Ehm4209 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If your music’s on a different artist profile, there are a few ways to get it fixed.

Contact your distributor

If you deliver music through one of Spotify's preferred distributors, you can contact them to fix your music:

The preferred distributors use best practices to reduce metadata problems. They also let you deliver music with a specified artist ID which helps prevent your music getting mixed up in the future.

If you deliver your music through a distributor that isn't listed above, I'd recommend contacting the Spotify for Artists support team and letting them know there’s music on the wrong artist profile.

Once your music’s in the right place, they can also help you get access to Spotify for Artists.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

My distributor was Amuse is that fine?  I already ask help on them and on spotify support team. But how can i create my own artist profile? 

Marked as solution

You cannot create your own artist page as it is automatically generated.

In this case, it'll be generated as soon as your music has been moved away from the other artist's page.

MaximSpotify Star

Ow okay thank you very much!

Hey Maxim how can i put an image here? When i alreadt updated my avatar image but when i go to the spotify app that is what i see.  

Screenshot_20200517_141212.jpg

Hey @Ehm4209 ,

After you update your image using Spotify for Artists, your search image normally takes about 24 hours to update—but can take up to 72 hours.

If you wait 72 hours and still don’t see the change, try restarting your Spotify app. It could be a caching issue.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts