Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Log in (Username/Password ~ Facebook ~ Email Link)

Solved!

Can't Log in (Username/Password ~ Facebook ~ Email Link)

Issue:

I can't log in on my phone, or on my new phone or on someone else's phone (I tried to log in with password / username and it didn't work, it stays "pressed" and goes blank again, logging in with Facebook doesn't works either, loads the Facebook screen but returns me to the main login menu and nothing happens).

Generic Notepad responses don't work, I've tried them all and none worked.

I tried: New installation of the application on a new phone (first Spotify installation), using another network, reset password, delete the Facebook application and it did not work.

I can: log into web browser (from phone), desktop app, web browser (PC)

I have no problem using Spotify on my PC or in any web browser, but I can't use it in the phone app.

There are issues with data syncing causing my app to not load the main menu, I received messages in my email confirming a successful login, but the main menu isn't showing. I keep getting a gray screen or a kicked to the login menu again.

I was using it normally and decided to log out for no reason and this happened
¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I fixed it, the problem was on the app "Android system WebView" the last update, i uninstalled the recent update then re-updated it, now the Spotify app work fine again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @oıþ

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Can you please let me know if that happens across all of your devices ?

Have you tried using Incognito web page / different web pages to log in ?

In the meanwhile, you can also follow some of the instructions given here to try and work the issue.

Keep me posted 🙂

Can you please let me know if that happens across all of your devices ?
- Yes on all of them (Android)
Have you tried using Incognito web page / different web pages to log in ?
- Yes (all work correctly, this problem is only from the app)
there's a conection issues with the app that are preventing me from log in
Marked as solution

I fixed it, the problem was on the app "Android system WebView" the last update, i uninstalled the recent update then re-updated it, now the Spotify app work fine again.

Hi @oıþ,

Glad to hear you managed to log in! 

Thanks for also sharing what did the trick for you - you never know when someone might end up in a similar situation and find your answer useful 🙂 

Let us know if we can do anything else for you, we're always here to lend a helping hand!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts