Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to log into my account on distribution sites

Solved!

How to log into my account on distribution sites

My Question or Issue

so, basically a long time ago a friend uploaded a song on spotify and he ''tagged'' me on it, so I figured out as an artist on spotify, even if I didn't even create that account.  

After a long time I finally decided to claim my account by veryfing it via Spotify for artists.

Now, my question is, how do I connect this account to distrokid/other distribution sites if i want to upload something?

Because I've seen that when you get on these sites you have to create a new account, how does it work? Should I delete this account and make a new one?

In case, how can I delete an artist account?

(I hope I was clear enough, my english is not the best tho)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @EastDrrty 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Content on Spotify is delivered either by a record label or a distributor. If you’re signed to a label, they’ll take care of getting your music to Spotify. If you’re independent, you’ll have to arrange distribution yourself.

If you don't currently have a distributor -- which handles licensing and distribution of your music and pays you your streaming royalties -- visit Spotify provider directory for a list of preferred and recommended distributors that meet its standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement. Each service is unique, so be sure to do a little homework before picking one. Most charge a fee or commission.

More information about it or anything else, you can take a look at the Spotify for Artists FAQ.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @EastDrrty 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Content on Spotify is delivered either by a record label or a distributor. If you’re signed to a label, they’ll take care of getting your music to Spotify. If you’re independent, you’ll have to arrange distribution yourself.

If you don't currently have a distributor -- which handles licensing and distribution of your music and pays you your streaming royalties -- visit Spotify provider directory for a list of preferred and recommended distributors that meet its standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement. Each service is unique, so be sure to do a little homework before picking one. Most charge a fee or commission.

More information about it or anything else, you can take a look at the Spotify for Artists FAQ.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts