Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Impossible to change mail, signed in with email

Impossible to change mail, signed in with email

Hello. I will first clarify that my account was not created with Facebook, I don't even have Facebook (every topic I've found on this subject is related to Facebook login, hence why I make a new thread).

Despite this, I am unable to change my account mail (gmail) and any account information, for that matter.

My plan is premium duo (I was invited, I am not the owner of the plan).

I hope you can help me, and thank you very much.

3 Replies

Hey @Pomatius, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Let's take a closer look.

Are you able to change your account information here using a different browser or private window? If you're not able to, can you send me a screenshot of what happens when you try to? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community. 

You can also let me know what information you're able to change and what information you're not able to change.

Keep me posted, looking forward to helping out!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, I did what you told me but, invariably, this happens (see attached image).

As you can see, it allows me to select my mail like it was a fixed text, but the text cursor for editing doesn't show.

I can only add my number and choose to share my data. Everything else is un-editable for me.

Thanks! 

Screenshot_20200614_020755.jpg

Hey @Pomatius

Thanks for the screenshot. 

Most older Facebook-created accounts have a username that consists only of numbers and starts with ''1'', so you can always check your username to make sure if your account was created via Facebook or not.

I also recommend getting in touch with Customer Support, who can assist in changing your email address.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts