Premium

Country

India

Device

OnePlus5

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

My username within the Spotify android app seems to be an auto-generated one. I signed in Spotify via my Facebook account however there is now an error displayed when trying to connect my Spotify Account to Facebook in the app. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE : For some reason I don't know yet, my name seems to have been corrected. After posting this issue here, I applied for Spotify Student discount, uploaded the required documents and got verified. Perhaps that was the cause. I am able to view/find and follow friends from Facebook as of now i.e. 5th of March, 2019.

Screenshot_20190304-145514.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @user-removed!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Jose_M wrote:

Hey @user-removed!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Hey @Jose_M, thanks for the reply. I just checked and confirmed that I am, in fact, sharing all the required data from either side, like I suspected. The issue, therefore, stays unresolved. However, thanks again.

Hello @user-removed!

Thanks for your reply. That's a bit odd. Can you let me know if your Facebook account is still active? Was it disabled or deleted? If so, that can be causing this issue. 

Keep me posted!

Jose_MSpotify Star

@Jose_M wrote:

Hello @user-removed!

Thanks for your reply. That's a bit odd. Can you let me know if your Facebook account is still active? Was it disabled or deleted? If so, that can be causing this issue. 

Keep me posted!

Hello, again. I can confim that my Facebook account has been and is active. Perhaps something worth mentioning would be that I recently, maybe about 4 days ago, logged into my Spotify account (via the Facebook log-in option, of course) on a Windows PC from the Spotify website. Other than that, I just have been using the service through the app on my phone. If I recall correctly, the app for a while in the beginning did corretly display my name i.e. Rishabh, just to let you know that the current situation wasn't always the case. Appreciate your help.

Hey @user-removed!

I just saw you updated the thread. I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. You can also check out this Spotify Answer for more info on this issue.

Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts