Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with Spotify Premium with Fido

Issues with Spotify Premium with Fido

Hello, I got Spotify premium for two years, that came with my new BYOP Fido plan. Everything worked well about a week or so but few days ago my Spotify Premium finished and I am forced again just Spofity Free. It says:" Your subscription with one of our partners has just ended, so you are now using Spofity Free.

I have no idea what went wrong. I was supposed to use Spotify Premium for free for two years. When trying to active Spotify Premium through Fido web page, I am told, that my cell phone number is eligible, I receive activation code in message, but after submitting there is only this option: As a Fido customer, there are 2 ways you can access Spotify Premium: Upgrade your current plan OR purchase it at a discounted rate.

I am not able activate my Spotify Premium subscription any more, though I activated it this way for the first time. And similarly, as it shows I am eligible and I receive activation code on my cell phone, I should be also able to activate Spotify Premium subscription, correct?

I am kinda desperate since I have swaped my Fido plan mostly because of this special offer for Spotify Premium, but now I am forced again to use only Spotify Free.Smiley Sad

Thank you everyone for any help. 😉 

8 Replies

Hello,

really nobody knows how to solve this issue? I would really appreciate somebody's help with this. Or I might to swap my Fido plan again and hope I will get Spotify Premium again...Smiley Frustrated

Thank you guys;)

As inconvenient as it is, you will need to uninstall the Spotify app that you currently have in your phone. Also, delete the Spotify folder in your memory storage if you have a file manager app. Otherwise, use a computer. (This will be hard if you have an iPhone.)
Install the app but don't log in yet.

Go to fidohub.ca and follow the instructions that you will see until you're at the Spotify login page.

After logging in, you will see the confirmation page from Fido. 

Then, go to your Spotify app and log in. The app should recognize your free 'premium subscription' from Fido and work as before.

dosent work

Hello i was using spotify prenium with fido for few month i was suppose to be able to use it for 2 years and now they say that im a free user and there asking me to pay and they that my code isnt valide...?? how do i access?

@user-removed wrote:

Hello, I got Spotify premium for two years, that came with my new BYOP Fido plan. Everything worked well about a week or so but few days ago my Spotify Premium finished and I am forced again just Spofity Free. It says:" Your subscription with one of our partners has just ended, so you are now using Spofity Free.

I have no idea what went wrong. I was supposed to use Spotify Premium for free for two years. When trying to active Spotify Premium through Fido web page, I am told, that my cell phone number is eligible, I receive activation code in message, but after submitting there is only this option: As a Fido customer, there are 2 ways you can access Spotify Premium: Upgrade your current plan OR purchase it at a discounted rate.

I am not able activate my Spotify Premium subscription any more, though I activated it this way for the first time. And similarly, as it shows I am eligible and I receive activation code on my cell phone, I should be also able to activate Spotify Premium subscription, correct?

I am kinda desperate since I have swaped my Fido plan mostly because of this special offer for Spotify Premium, but now I am forced again to use only Spotify Free.Smiley Sad

Thank you everyone for any help. 😉 

oops dont know what happened i wanted to say was supposed to have spotify prenium for  years with fido i had it for few months and now its not active anymore their asking me to pay and they my code is not validate what should i do?

I am also having the same issue BUT I believe mine is due to the fact that Fido gave me a new account number.

I received a txt from them at one point saying that something happened to my first account. They eventually sent me my new account info and cancelled my old one. I then noticed my Spotify account was no longer a premium account and I could not log into my fido hub. My hub is now working fine but there is no clear info on how to link this new Fido account back to my Spotify subscription or activate a new one.

I don't want a new Spotify account because I want all my playlists. I want to link my new Fido account with my current Spotify account

I'm not sure if it's the beer talking but I love BEER!

man honestly **bleep** spotify, they have done this to me twice and they dont even have a **bleep**ing number to call. trash company, if i didnt have the free subscription i wouldnt wip me **bleep** with the app

To fill you in. I signed up for Fido 2 years ago because it included Spotify for the entire length of the contract. I fell in love with Fido and Spotify over the two years. In June 2017 I went back to Fido because my contract was over. I ended up resigning with fido because they  guaranteed me that Spotify would remain active for the entire length of my contract. That was June 2017. Last month I lost Spotify Premium for both me and my wife. Total of two accounts. I have been up and down the stores talk to managers and nothing can be done apparently. I am very disappointed with a Fido service. If I knew all of this six months ago I would have signed with Virgin you had a better deal 3 gigs of data for $10 cheaper and I would have purchased Spotify for myself....

Please help.... 

Suggested posts