Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with username and login information

Solved!

Issues with username and login information

I recently signed up on Spotify and made a username, but when I try to log in with another device the username would not work. I made sure I typed in the correct username and password, but still no luck. I pressed the "forgot username" and found out it was just a string of letters and numbers as my username. Is there any way to fix this? It is kind of bothersome when I want to log in to my family's device.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @pizza-cake,

Thanks for reaching out.

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @pizza-cake,

Thanks for reaching out.

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts