Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

JRE podcast not working in car

JRE podcast not working in car

1. hi,

I have a premium membership and when trying to play just the JRE podcast in my car it doesn’t work.  Music and all other podcasts are fine.  Is anyone else having this issue?

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

same here; 90% of the time, the JRE podcast is just NOT working

Out of interest: do you use a VPN? I think it might be related to that

I don’t use a VPN. I think the issue is that the video automatically plays and uses all of my data. I don’t know why that would happen when my screen is off but that’s all I can assume right now. I’m hoping they give us the option to not play video.

Interesting, but indeed I agree, an option should be added to the app to just completely disable the video stream.

Or at least change the prioritisation within app or something, so that audio is loaded at all cost, and the thing doesn't stop you from listening, even if the video is not available at that time.

Hope this gets picked up...

Agreed, let’s hope that they can address this. Surely we aren’t the only ones having this issue.

Same issue for me it barely works with LTE. I wish they provided an audio only version. 

Also, when using VPN it does not work at all for me. However, music still works. 

ive not had to deal with anything buffering for years, now on spotify JRE constantly buffers while im on my home wifi! (its not my connection, i get 100Mbp/s download)

I am dreading when i go back to working in the office and i try listening on my commute through android auto using mobile data...

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Keep in mind that Spotify doesn't officially support VPN. If you're using it, there might be issues with the features of the app and this is expected behavior. If you'd like this feature introduced, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

If you're experiencing issues with the JRE podcast loading in your car, does it make a difference if the app is in car view? You can find out more about how to toggle car view on/off on this support page under Bluetooth. It's also a good idea to check if turning on Data Saver and/ or setting the Music Quality to low makes a difference. You can find these options in the Setting menu. A possible workaround would also be to download the podcast when connected to WiFi and then listen to it with the app in offline mode.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Since adding video to the JRE stream it will no longer play on Carplay. Spotify bought JRE and ruined it!

Suggested posts