Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi I downloaded the Spotify App on my computer. Normally at home I can log in with facebook. But If I press here at work on the facebook-login button nothing happens?Unbenannt.jpg

6 Replies

Please check with the IT department of your company if facebook is blocked in the company. In most companies internet runs through a special proxy so that they can block certain sites, especially social media sites. Also, try checking your facebook account from a browser. Does that work?

Hi, well it can´t be as I use Facebook at work in a normal way...

OK. Then tell me that when you click the login with facebook button, what happens? Give me step by step details. Don't miss any minor details.

There is nothin to tell. Nothing happens. Just nothing. I click on it and nothing happens 😞 But I found out that I am not able to click on links in Outlook Mails as well. Nothing happens. Seems to be something wrong with the adjustments of my computer

I also think so, especially with popups. As when you click a facebook popup is supposed to open. So, check with your IT team that if your system has any antivirus which blocks popup.

It's not an IT dept. issue or anything to do with proxy. I used to login via facebook prior to Spotify launch in India but now I cant. The warning is "Oops something went wrong please try again" or something. And i kept trying across desktop and android, using the web client and the apps. Same error.

• My workaround is to use the numerical username of your spotify account to log in. Or give a reset password request using your FB login credentials (on Spotify, not FB).
  • You'll get a link to reset your password so you will have a seperate password for Spotify instead of the FB password.
  • Note down your user id (numerical) and use the new password to login. 
  • Sometimes you may have to update your billing information and location. I used to have US billing and probably that created the conflict when I subscribed to Spotify from India a few days back.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts