Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login information are not deleted when deleting the iOS App!

Login information are not deleted when deleting the iOS App!

I tried to deinstall and newly install the App on iOS to get rid of the massive problem with the vanished discography of all artists.

BUT, as i tried this, i noticed that i did NOT need to reenter my Account information, Login and Password at all!
This mean, you save them in a way that is NOT acceptable!

Such data should be saved for an update of an App, but of course, they need to be removed when the App is deleted!

Please fix this, a new installation should require a new login, of course!
Imagine, a banking App would behave like this (they do NOT, of course)!

2 Replies

I'm assuming that the Spotify app is storing the credentials locally and if it detects only one possible set of credentials, it automatically signs in with it, which is something I clearly don't understand how. 

This is definitely a privacy concern. Other apps I've used log me out when I reinstall them and ask me to verify the icloud keychain credentials using touchID or faceID.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Hey there @spot666,

thanks for posting in the community !

Spotify isn't set up to store your login credentials after it's been uninstalled, but it's possible that those are saved in your iPhone's cache.

When the app gets uninstalled, the iOS uninstaller is responsible for clearing that up and deleting all data.

If you're automatically logged in after a reinstall, it can be that your cache needs a bit more time to be overwritten or that you have a backup function activated on your iPhone that stores some data.

Let me know if you have any more questions 😃

Suggested posts