Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lost playlists after disconnecting from Facebook

Solved!

Lost playlists after disconnecting from Facebook

Hello, 

I've read many posts about the same issue that I have, here on the forum but in most of the cases the answer is to contact the Spotify Support via email/form.

First of all I try at least to explain my issue.

I wanted to create a new account a migrate my playlist on the new one and I thought that all the playlist on my spotify was also saved locally on my PC. Without searching any tutorial about that (my big mistake) I disconnected my account from facebook via Preferences->disconnect from Social Network/Facebook. Once I did it all my playlists and followers disappeard. I tryed to log in again with my facebook credential (and connect again my account to facebook via spotify website) but I still cannot see my playlists and followers/followings. Moreover from my spotify client, the "Disconnect from Facebook/Social Network" option in Preferences has disappeard. 

There's also another issue: I wanted to migrate my account because it was linked to a "company" email address and because I'm not anymore in that "company" I don't have anymore that email address but only the same facebook account

Does anyone know how can I recover my playlists?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account, all you should need to do is log back in using your Spotify username and password rather than your Facebook details. 

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account, all you should need to do is log back in using your Spotify username and password rather than your Facebook details. 

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Peter

thank you very much for your quick answer. I've already tried this "solution" but with wrong username and password. I've just spent 10 minutes try to find other possible combination of UserID and password and I finally found the "real" account with all my playlists!

Thank you

Suggested posts