Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Major issue with Country specification on mobile and desktop!

Major issue with Country specification on mobile and desktop!

Starting this week, I cannot access my Spotify acct on my iPhone...it tells me that I'm not signed up for region changes...

Using various networks, browsers and devices, I am unable to connect to Spotify on my Mac, laptop and work PC on all browsers and networks...it says "connecting to spotify" and doesn't change.

I tried downloading the Spotify for desktop, but it says it's not supported in my country and to change it...but when I go to change my country, it is stuck at USA. I am in Canada and using the Canadian version of Spotify!!

1) How do I change my Country to Canada... is that even an option?

2) How can I get Spotify to work again on my Mac/laptop etc

3) How do I get it to work on my iPhone

This whole thing is incredible frustrating!! Spotify in Canada has worked since it launched, and I am super unhappy that I'm having this much trouble accessing it. Please help!

1 Reply

Hey @Mizoura welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm sure we can help sort this out for you. 

First, could you please confirm the following details for us:

1. Your exact device.

2. The device's operating system. 

3. The current version of Spotify installed. 

It's also worth following these steps do a clean reinstallation on your computer. 

You can change the country linked to your account following the steps outlined here: How can I change my country settings

If you have any trouble with changing that just let us know! 

Suggested posts