Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved from Sweden to Switzerland - Cannot change country as per instructions

Moved from Sweden to Switzerland - Cannot change country as per instructions

So, I followed the instructions on the account page and choose Switzerland from the list of countries but then nothing happens (both Safari and Chrome on OSX). The little Swiss flag shows up and that's it (well other than instead of SEK 189 it will cost CHF 20.95 per month) = dead end!

2021-04-28_14-50-43.jpg

Obviously when I then enter my Swiss CC number I get the following:

Credit Card not same country.jpg

and guess where I'm taken when I click the link for changing my country, yes, back to the country list that takes e to a dead end.

What now? I'm going to close my Swedish bank account soon...

3 Replies

Hey! 

I have been through the same problem and all you need to do is go on the Spotify website and change your region via the account tab in settings.

Glad to help!

Hey there @Snowshowers,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

To change you account's country settings you just need to follow the steps in this article. Since you're Premium, you must change your payment method to one issued in your current country, and the change will be applied on your next billing date.

If you're having issues changing your payment method, try using an incognito/private window in the browser and a different Internet connection. Also, make sure that the new payment method meets all these requirements.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Yeah still not working as stated in my initial post.

Subsequently, I have changed to a different streaming provider as it's easier than to start fiddling around with Spotify.

Appreciate your time taken to answer...

Suggested posts