Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Accounts and Family Premium. Please help me and my dad!

Multiple Accounts and Family Premium. Please help me and my dad!

Good Morning Everyone,

I am having an issue and I hope yall can help. I signed up with Spotify as a father's day gift for my dad. He loves the app and so I decided to get the family plan so we all could share his experience. When I signed up for Spotify originally I used my email address and downloaded the app on my phone and his phone. I am now trying to transition from his Spotify to getting my own. I have tried emailing the link to a different email of mine but every time I do this I just get logged back in under my original account. Is there any way for me to allow him to keep everything he has the same and to add me to the family plan Or am I going have to send him a link to a different email of his and then take over the original account as my own? My dad is not tech savvy so anything we could do that would allow him to keep everything as he has it would be ideal. I appreciate everyone's help!

1 Reply

Hey @nolanclark16! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

No worries!

He should be able to keep his account.

Do you guys have already seperated accounts? If not, try this:

Invite a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to invite a member. 

To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. Click SEND INVITE.

Be sure to check the Spotify Family (Q&A) out for more details about Spotify Family.

Let me know if that helps, thanks!^^

Peace

Suggested posts