Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username changed itself to random characters

My username changed itself to random characters

I've been using the same (free) account for three years and never changed my username or password. Today I opened spotify only to find out that I've been logged out and when I tried to log in it said that I'm using invalid username or password.

After few tries I gave up and created a new account but this time my username changed itself to a combination of 25 different letters and numbers. (I never connected my account to facebook or anything.) 

Is it possible that the same thing happened to my username on my previous account and if so - is there a way to fix it?

1 Reply

Hey there @vesmirnyodpad,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Usernames are now created automatically and It's not possible to change those. But you can always choose a personalized display name - that way other users can find you on the app.

Keep in mind that your manually chosen display name cannot be used to log in to your account, instead you can use your email address or the automatically generated username to access your account.

If you know the username (not your display name) of your original account, try entering it in our password reset form. If you don't remember the username, maybe these steps will help finding it.

You might also want to take a look at this Spotify Answer for ways to find your other account.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts