Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New login to spotify emails

New login to spotify emails

Plan PREMIUM

Free/Premium

Country MALAYSIA

Device SAMSUNG GALAXY S10+

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System ANDROID 10

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have been receiving notifications via email regarding new logins to my Spotify account. I have taken the necessary precautions - lot out from all accounts and change password. - the night before but still received a notification earlier today.

Please help.

Screenshot_20200219-200503_Email.jpg
Screenshot_20200219-200517_Email.jpg
Screenshot_20200219-200528_Email.jpg
16 Replies

Hello @bernadetteyeo

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account:

1. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE
  2. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

I've been experiencing the same issues even after changing my password multiple times. 

I receive at least 2 new login notifications via email per night. Your resolution paragraph mentions checking to see if an unknown device has logged in, but I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a list of devices that are currently using my spotify account on your website that I'm just overlooking?

Is it possible that these login attempts are invalid, and rather an issue with Spotify's notification system?

Thanks,

-T

Hi @Tiffany86

Thanks for giving it a try!

If those steps were not helpful, make sure to reach out to customer support and they will take further steps to secure your account. 

The contact form is in the last link from my previous response. 

I'm not really sure which paragraph do you exactly mean, but you can check all apps that have access to your Spotify account here on your account overview. 

You can also check where your Facebook profile is currently logged in by going to your Facebook settings. 

However, if your Spotify is not connected to Facebook, that's not necessary. 

Have a great day! 

I've been getting the same thing happening to my account. I followed all of the steps that have been suggested, changed my password SEVERAL times, logged out all devices SEVERAL times, and searched to see if other apps were using the account and there aren't any apps listed there. I am not connected to my Facebook account with Spotify either. I emailed Spotify support and this is what the sent back to me...

Hello,

We have some quick options we think can help you:

• Try searching our support site with your questions.
  • Go to the Spotify Community. Even if there isn’t already an answer there to your question, you can post it and someone will answer quickly.
  • You can also message our support team @SpotifyCares at Twitter.

All the best,
Spotify Customer Service Team

This was so NOT helpful. I am on the verge of completely deleting my account, but I feel like that won't change anything if other people are getting receiving the same emails.

Hello @azcathyd

To make sure you're reaching the right team:

• Go to the contact form
  • Choose Logging in
  • Pick Someone's taken over my account
  • I still need help
  • Describe your issue there, 
  • Click Send question/Start a chat.

They'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Hi 

I had previously contacted Spotify using the directions you suggested and received the response I posted in my first post. However, for the sake of trying, I followed the directions you sent me and once again received the exact same response from Spotify...

Hello,

We have some quick options we think can help you:

• Try searching our support site with your questions.
  • Go to the Spotify Community. Even if there isn’t already an answer there to your question, you can post it and someone will answer quickly.
  • You can also message our support team @SpotifyCares at Twitter.

All the best,
Spotify Customer Service Team

I'm not sure if an actual person responds to these issues... just doesn't seem like they are willing to even help.

Thanks

Hi @azcathyd

Thanks for getting back to me! 

I'd suggest giving it a little bit more time until they reply. 

However, if you don't get any response, you can reach SpotifyCares on Twitter or message them on Facebook

I hope everything works out! 

I believe that this is a spoof or phishing attack.

The links use http (unsecured) with a bunch of arguments that can be sniffed on the internet.

If you look at a known legitimate Spotify email, the links are all secured with https.

Never follow the links put into an email that require you to log in.  Open a browser and login that way.

Hope this is helpful.

Hello, 

If you want to make sure an email is sent by Spotify, you can forward it to spoof@spotify.com.  

More details on that can be found in this support article

Have a great day! 

You guys need to add the availability for two factor authentication.

Hello @beansaru

If you haven't already, I think it might be worth adding your +VOTE to this idea regarding two-step authentication, that is currently under consideration.

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify and how the Idea Exchange works can be found here

I hope you'll find this info useful! 

I also think this could be phishing, since I received same e-mail without even having account. I wasn't sure, so I checked if i could log-in (not following the e-mail links, of course), so as it happened I didn't have account. Still, it could be some confusion on my part, but you people should be careful with this !

Hello @user-removed, 

If you get any emails and you're not sure if they're from Spotify, you can always forward the entire email to spoof@spotify.com and they'll investigate it further. For more details, you can take a look at this support article

To find any possible account, you can follow the steps provided here. If you are not able to find anything, you can reach out to customer support via email, Twitter or Facebook, just to make sure, and they'll be happy to help you track down your account, if you have one. 

Have a nice day! 

Is this any known issue? I received two emails with the same notification today, saying my account was accessed from Mexico and Germany (I'm currently in Brazil), then my girlfriend also noticed she received the same email (she's in my family account).

We both changed our passwords and signed out from everywhere, but this seems very odd.

Is there any known issues about this?

Hey there @lucashimizu,

Glad to have you on the Community!

We can confirm that Spotify hasn't been compromised and our users' data is secure. We're sending out these log in notifications so you can check for any irregularities on your account.

This is a precautionary measure so that our listeners can take the steps to protect their accounts as quickly as possible in case they notice something's off.

We appreciate you reporting this to us and we'd love to help you further. Could you let us know if you still get these messages after following the steps here?

Keep us in the loop. We'll be here if you have any more questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How about adding a device type,  device name, ip address and username which was logged into.  I get these emails all the time also and I'm just gonna ignore them. I have changed my password and logged out in the past.  Seems to be something wrong with your system

Suggested posts