Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No access to some premium features.

No access to some premium features.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

I just purchased Spotify Premium yesterday, and it works completely fine on my computer, my phone is a different story. It recognizes that I do have premium in the app,  and allows me to download songs and albums. However, the view under the "Your Library" tab is the Free Spotify view. I don't have access to a tab showing all albums, tracks, saved playlists, etc. I've tried rebooting my phone, reinstalling the app, and even logging into my friends account to see if it was an account issue or not (it is an account issue). If you have any ideas, let me know! 

5 Replies

Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing in your library section? Also, have you tried logging out and log back in (I know you must have tried that but still asking).

I’ve tried logging out and back in, even using the log out everywhere function in the account portal. I’ve attached a screenshot of what I’m talking about below. Thanks!

FA79EA39-5782-4056-B185-41B37DB5F7B2.png

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. You are seeing nothing wrong. In one of the recent updates of Spotify they have completely changed the library section even for premium users and due to this a lot of users are facing problem including myself. But I have no power to change it, instead, an idea has been posted for Spotify to see and bring the old UI back. You can check it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idc-p/4703214
Also, do vote for this idea and participate there to ensure Spotify can understand the problem you are facing too with the new UI.
Hope this helps. 🙂

That’s good to know but I’m still a little confused. I met with one of my friends that also has premium, even with the latest update he still has the old ui. I’ve attached a screenshot of what his Spotify looks like below. 

0CEF12BF-97DE-441E-9972-E873DE29D8B6.png

Hey there!

Spotify is progressively rolling out new features to all users. However, you might have certain features that your friend doesn't have. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my....

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts