Announcements

No longer receiving emails for New Music Notifications

No longer receiving emails for New Music Notifications

wayfarer917
Casual Listener

Hello,

I haven't received an email or push notification from Spotify about a New Music release from an artist I follow nor any notification in general since November 10th despite being signed up for multiple. To my knowledge, I have not made any changes to my Notification Settings and after checking am still subscribed to both email and push notifications for New Music. Did I have to ALSO be subscribed to "Spotify News and Offers" to receive the New Music notifications? 

I have heard that if you follow too many profiles/artists that you will no longer receive notifications, is there any truth to this?  Please tell me that the notifications haven't gone away completely, this is the most important feature of Spotify to me besides listening to music.

Notes:

- My notifcations settings are correct to receive emails

- They are not going to my Spam folder

- My email address was correct in Settings

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

12 Replies

Re: No longer receiving emails for New Music Notifications

Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend

Hey, welcome to the Community!

These notifications are currently being sent out on an artist-by-artist basis. We'll pass all your feedback on as the team behind notifications are currently looking to improve this.

For now, we'd recommend checking out Release Radar every Friday 🙂

wayfarer917
Casual Listener
Hello,

So does this mean that notifications are going out for certain artists when
they release new music? I really hope this is not the case.

Thank you

Fihlvein
Regular

Is this change being described somewhere? I was getting constant notifications about new releases until November 9th, and after that zero. It's been 7 weeks without a single notification about new releases. Could you please elaborate?

robyr
Casual Listener

A user found a good website that does the same spotify used to do here.

riikkaj

What does "artist-by-artist" basis mean? A clear answer, please! I also haven't got any notification emails since early November. I'm subscribed to more than 150 but less than 200 artists. This is clearly an error which you should fix as soon as possible.

AhmedS
Same problem here. That's the most important feature to me. Please, provide more helpful answers.

burrellesque
I have the same problem: no email notifications or push notifications since December 2, 2016, though I know that several artists I follow have released new albums to Spotify in that period.

I've checked all settings, spam folders, etc. I'm using IOS, and everything is up to date. Notifications just stopped working one day.

steveinathens
Roadie

I am also wondering what happened to push notifications for New Releases from the Artists that I follow. It hasnt seemed to work in months and months.

This "artist by artist" basis thing is lame. If you follow an artist, and they release something new, send a push notification! How hard is it?

Fihlvein
Regular

There must a bigger discussion going on somewhere since I would imagine quite a large bunch of people appreciates instant notification about their favourite artsts' new release.

SUGGESTED POSTS