Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No longer receiving emails for New Music Notifications

No longer receiving emails for New Music Notifications

Hello,

I haven't received an email or push notification from Spotify about a New Music release from an artist I follow nor any notification in general since November 10th despite being signed up for multiple. To my knowledge, I have not made any changes to my Notification Settings and after checking am still subscribed to both email and push notifications for New Music. Did I have to ALSO be subscribed to "Spotify News and Offers" to receive the New Music notifications? 

I have heard that if you follow too many profiles/artists that you will no longer receive notifications, is there any truth to this?  Please tell me that the notifications haven't gone away completely, this is the most important feature of Spotify to me besides listening to music.

Notes:

- My notifcations settings are correct to receive emails

- They are not going to my Spam folder

- My email address was correct in Settings

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

14 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community!

These notifications are currently being sent out on an artist-by-artist basis. We'll pass all your feedback on as the team behind notifications are currently looking to improve this.

For now, we'd recommend checking out Release Radar every Friday 🙂

Hello,

So does this mean that notifications are going out for certain artists when
they release new music? I really hope this is not the case.

Thank you

Is this change being described somewhere? I was getting constant notifications about new releases until November 9th, and after that zero. It's been 7 weeks without a single notification about new releases. Could you please elaborate?

A user found a good website that does the same spotify used to do here.

What does "artist-by-artist" basis mean? A clear answer, please! I also haven't got any notification emails since early November. I'm subscribed to more than 150 but less than 200 artists. This is clearly an error which you should fix as soon as possible.

Same problem here. That's the most important feature to me. Please, provide more helpful answers.

I have the same problem: no email notifications or push notifications since December 2, 2016, though I know that several artists I follow have released new albums to Spotify in that period.

I've checked all settings, spam folders, etc. I'm using IOS, and everything is up to date. Notifications just stopped working one day.

I am also wondering what happened to push notifications for New Releases from the Artists that I follow. It hasnt seemed to work in months and months.

This "artist by artist" basis thing is lame. If you follow an artist, and they release something new, send a push notification! How hard is it?

There must a bigger discussion going on somewhere since I would imagine quite a large bunch of people appreciates instant notification about their favourite artsts' new release.

As both a listener and an artist, I'm not understanding the change. Now when I follow someone I don't get alerted when they drop new music. And when I drop new music, my Spotify fans have no way of knowing without some other platform. What's the point of that?

Are there any news regarding this topic?
I also don't receive any notification (mail and push).

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out. Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

The way notifications work is currently being looked into and ironed out. Because of this they might appear differently and reach different users. The reason for this is that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible.

In the meantime, although this isn't exclusively artists you follow, we'd recommend checking out the 'New releases for you' section under Search > Discover. It's a good idea to also keep an eye on your Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists to discover new tunes. You can reach them also via the Discover section.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still not receiving any Emails from Spotify. 

www.spotify.com/account/notifications/ settings doesn't have any effect.

Hey there @Kaarta,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Have you tried updating your email with a different one?
Another possible solution would be to turn off the notification settings for 24h and then to turn them on again.

Let us know how it goes.
We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Many thanks.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts