Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

Those of us who are experiencing the constant banner message "could not sync playlists; retrying" are experiencing the same problems with spotify social....the feed is stuck.  Please let us know what we can do on our end....cleaning out the cache does not fix the problem.  Have logged in/out and have done over 10 clean reinstalls....NOTHING IS HELPING....STILL SEEING BANNER MESSAGE ON SYNCING AND SOCIAL FEED NOT BUDGING.  THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS!!  M. Alfonso  mjealfonso@aol.com

I don't think anything will help right now until Spotify fix the issue on their side @user-removed .

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I figured I'd jump in here too after reading all the posts..

Dear Spotify,

I am having the same problems as everyone above has mentioned. Username/picture replaced by numbers. Blank profile page, no activity feed. I also am unable to follow a playlist. It says "followed" but about 30 seconds to one minute later it will revert back to not being followed. I love my spotify service and use it daily, but the lack of communication I've recieved from the support team (before stumbling across this thread) has been disappointing. Please fix this asap! 🙂

Amazing that this issue(s) remain unresolved. Proving more intractable than the mystery of MH370. You would have thought it was within the scope of man to solve.

I am experiencing the same issue and hav been experiencing it for the past 24 hours.  I understand that you are currently working on the issue, and hope to see everything back up and running smoothly once again!

Thank you for all your work! 🙂

Chiming in here. I've had problems with playlists, profile pictures, and search for the past 2 days. Come on, Spotify!

it's been a couple of days now for me- extremely frustrating... maybe spotify can offer a free month to premium members experiencing trouble for the snafu...

Same problem. 

Also, when I click Follow, it tells me that I don't have facebook friends that are on spotify (which is untrue).  

I'm in Australia.  

I'm having the same problem, just got premium and I immediately run into these problems? Why don't you give us at least a time frame or a temporary solution this is ridiculous, why am I paying for a limited version of the service. You're about to lose customers.

I am having the same problem

twitter: @indiesongaday
1 song per band - indie rock playlist (800+ songs)
Emerging Indie artists recommendations

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, I can't see my picture, my name and my friends' activity 😞

Same Problem 😞

I am having the same problem on all three- on the web, on the web player and on my cell phone.

You know, this is further -- possibly final -- confirmation that Spotify just doesn't really work.  There's hardly anything about the service, the UI or the design that couldn't be done better.  Spotify is a great idea but for a service that has been available for such a long time it is shockingly clunky.  It will almost be a relief to abandon it if they do not fix this profile/feed/ issue by Friday.

I'm having this issue as well. It's not resolved for me.

The same thing is happening to me as well, and it won't let me see the option for an offline playlist

spotify needs to handle this issue, I might as well go back to pirating if I (we apparently) don't get the features I PAY FOR fixed. This issue has been around for months, I remember first seeing the numbers for a profile name on my friends profile back in november or december. Hire somebody that can actually debug and solve problems promptly this is unacceptable.

all resolved.

Also having the same problems mentioned above.  Been going on the the past 2 days now on desktop, web player and android.  Very frustrating.  Finally convinced friend overseas to join (so that we can share songs/playlists) only for all the social aspects to stop working completely!

Any timeframe on a fix?  Even a rough estimate?  This is a paid service!  Ridiculous.

No matter what you have, both Spotify Premium and Spotify Free seem to have the same issues. I have asked my friend who has Premium and he said that he has been experiencing the same problems. Many people are frustrated, and I can understand more frustrations especially from people who are paying for the service. I hope to see the fix very soon.

Suggested posts