Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Song Count Problem

Solved!

Playlist Song Count Problem

Hey guy's, 

I'm not really sure how to best describe my problem in words so I think it's best to illustrate it with a screen shot. Basically, I am having a problem with a couple of my playlists where the playlist says there are so many songs on the playlist when it should be empty. Is anyone else running into problems such as this, I have been unsuccessful in my search for similar problems on the forum.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 12.05.24 am.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Got it!

In playback settings there's an option to "Hide Unplayable Tracks", both on mobile and desktop.

Turning this off will reveal the phantom songs in your playlists.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @michaelrist have you tried a clean reinstallation lately? Are your playlist showing the right track numbers after you reinstall?

Hi Merideth, it was tirst thing I tried, it didn't work. Have also tried deleting the playlist and restoring it. Still the same issue.

Hey @michaelrist thanks for getting back to us--could you please confirm the following:

• Your device
  • Your device's OS
  • The Spotify app version installed

Hi Merideth, 

I do not believe it is device related but rather a problem with Spotify as the problem exists accross all platforms of spotify including the web player. However, that said - I use an Apple Macbook Pro Reitina with Mavericks OS X 10.9.5, Apple iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0.2 as my main devices. But the problem exisits on my old Windows laptop running Windows 7 and Android Phone. 

I'm using the latest spotify versions available: 0.9.13.24.g5dbb3103 for my MacBook

Thanks, 

Michael

Hey @michaelrist could you post a link to the playlist in question? I'll then take a look on my end--thanks!

Hi There,

Did you manage to manage to make any progress with this? I'm having the exact same issue with my Starred playlist, which I recently emptied after "saving" the tracks instead,

Thanks

Marked as solution

Got it!

In playback settings there's an option to "Hide Unplayable Tracks", both on mobile and desktop.

Turning this off will reveal the phantom songs in your playlists.

Hope this helps

It's possible some songs are sync'd via your local files, spotify's regular downloadable files and your playlist files. my desktop client said 354 songs in a playlist. my mobile client said 326 downloading. when I turned off the download and went through the greyed out playlist, some of the files were downloaded in other playlists or from Spotify's general online database. So 24 songs were already downloaded, sync'd, or available through another playlist of mine and recognized in my local files without being represented in the download. Despite not being shown as downloading, they were there nonetheless.

Suggested posts