Playlists Missing

Solved!
Highlighted

Playlists Missing

MikePsyche
Casual Listener

I have a family subscription for Spotify. Today my wife has found that all her playlists are missing in the My Playlist section. However when I search for her playlist I can find them, but when I look at her profile it says she has only one playlist. That playlist is unfamiliar to her and she did not create it. Also of the recent music on her profile it is also unfamiliar as all rap etc. How can playlists go missing like this.

I have all her playlists in my list fortunately so we can get them back but just cant figure how it happened in first place.

Thanks for any help. Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Playlists Missing

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey Mike,

As you are sure there are no duplicate accounts, there is a good chance that someone else could be using her account. Good call on logging out of all devices. If you're worried about the security of your wife's account, you can also reset your password

To recover the playlists that have been deleted, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

account_recover_playlists

Let me know how it goes!

NoahRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
5 Replies

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Spotify community, let's get to the bottom of this issue!

From what you described, it sounds like your wife may have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account. Check to see if you have any other accounts

If you're having trouble,

You can click here, to be directed to a survey to point you in the right direction.

NoahRock Star 7

MikePsyche
Casual Listener

Thanks for your response. I thought similar that it could be a duplicate but it can't be.

I personally use my facebook for the spotify and my wife has hers set up as on her personal email address. I have accessed using her email and also username both giving the same result.

I have checked and made sure and there is only two accounts on my family subscription. 

In my spotify I can see her playlists as created by her username but in hers you can see no playlists other than some new playlist not created by her.

In her activity you can see the music that she recognises listening to but there are many tracks (Rap and Rnb) that she would never listen to and a playlist full of explicit tracks. I thought it could be someone using her account so we have logged out remotely of all devices. 

How to get her playlists back though?

Solution!

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey Mike,

As you are sure there are no duplicate accounts, there is a good chance that someone else could be using her account. Good call on logging out of all devices. If you're worried about the security of your wife's account, you can also reset your password

To recover the playlists that have been deleted, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

account_recover_playlists

Let me know how it goes!

NoahRock Star 7

MikePsyche
Casual Listener

Sorted, so passwords are changed and playlists restored. No idea who was usung the account but seriously dont like their taste in music LOL.

Thanks for your help with this.

Mike

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

I'm glad to hear that everything is sorted out!

If you need help with anything else, let me know :)

NoahRock Star 7
SUGGESTED POSTS