Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Missing

Solved!

Playlists Missing

I have a family subscription for Spotify. Today my wife has found that all her playlists are missing in the My Playlist section. However when I search for her playlist I can find them, but when I look at her profile it says she has only one playlist. That playlist is unfamiliar to her and she did not create it. Also of the recent music on her profile it is also unfamiliar as all rap etc. How can playlists go missing like this.

I have all her playlists in my list fortunately so we can get them back but just cant figure how it happened in first place.

Thanks for any help. Mike

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Mike,

As you are sure there are no duplicate accounts, there is a good chance that someone else could be using her account. Good call on logging out of all devices. If you're worried about the security of your wife's account, you can also reset your password

To recover the playlists that have been deleted, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

account_recover_playlists

Let me know how it goes!

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Spotify community, let's get to the bottom of this issue!

From what you described, it sounds like your wife may have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account. Check to see if you have any other accounts

If you're having trouble,

You can click here, to be directed to a survey to point you in the right direction.

NoahSpotify Star

Thanks for your response. I thought similar that it could be a duplicate but it can't be.

I personally use my facebook for the spotify and my wife has hers set up as on her personal email address. I have accessed using her email and also username both giving the same result.

I have checked and made sure and there is only two accounts on my family subscription. 

In my spotify I can see her playlists as created by her username but in hers you can see no playlists other than some new playlist not created by her.

In her activity you can see the music that she recognises listening to but there are many tracks (Rap and Rnb) that she would never listen to and a playlist full of explicit tracks. I thought it could be someone using her account so we have logged out remotely of all devices. 

How to get her playlists back though?

Marked as solution

Hey Mike,

As you are sure there are no duplicate accounts, there is a good chance that someone else could be using her account. Good call on logging out of all devices. If you're worried about the security of your wife's account, you can also reset your password

To recover the playlists that have been deleted, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

account_recover_playlists

Let me know how it goes!

NoahSpotify Star

Sorted, so passwords are changed and playlists restored. No idea who was usung the account but seriously dont like their taste in music LOL.

Thanks for your help with this.

Mike

I'm glad to hear that everything is sorted out!

If you need help with anything else, let me know 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

Spotify version

My Question or Issue

Some of my playlists disappeared. 

I can not restore them using "Recover playlists" in the account menu.
Please help. This is very frustrating.

Hey there @uwa2293zr5vbxgi,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if these playlists were created by you and if they were Collaborative or Blend playlists?

Keep us posted. We'll do our best to help out.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, I created the playlists myself.

Hey @uwa2293zr5vbxgi,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for sharing that info.

To keep investigating this case, could you tell us if you have any error message when you try to recover them? If that's the case, could you send us a screenshot where we can see the error you're getting?

However, if the playlists are not listed to be recovered, most likely they were created on a different account. If you recently log out or change your device, we'd recommend logging out and back in to see if it makes any difference.

If the issue persists, since we don’t have access to users accounts in the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer Support so they can review your individual account and see what is going on.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Hi Oscar, thanks for your reply. The spotify community's help is quite good.

The playlists in question are not listed under "recover playlists". 

I have already logged out, deleted mobile app and logged in again. Did not work. It also persists across mobile and desktop apps.

I will log a support ticket.

hello. I have the same problem. ny husband can see my plylists but inly the playlist title shows on mine. not actual songs when you go in. how do you Check if you have a duplicate account. I've changed my passwords and logged out of everywhere..I think. please help.

Hey there @modt,

You can check out this Article for some helpful tips when searching for duplicate accounts. It's most likely created with a very similar email address like john@gmail.com and john@yahoo.com, or a Facebook account for example.

If you don't see any songs in the playlist, you can try unfollowing it and following it back. Can you clarify if your husband can see the songs in the playlists at all?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts