Premium

Country

GB

Device

iPhone

Operating System

(iOS 10,

My Question or Issue

I was following a playlist called "Easy 90s" by Spotify. The songs have completed changed from what I was initially interested in. I feel this is because Spotify has adapted the playlist based on what it thinks I want to listen to. When I search the playlist without signing in, the original songs (and better) songs are there. Is there any way to get the original songs back / turn off this annoying "smart" feature? Has happened on other playlists I follow too.

3 Replies

Hey @m_haywood, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's not a smart feature but playlists are updated periodically updated so songs change, how often it depens on the playlist.

Currently the only way to retrieve those songs is by either requesting your Spotify data from your Spotify account page Privacy settings or the History tab in the Spotify apps.

Note: The History option in the app only shows the last 50 songs played.

Happy Holidays 🙂

Thanks for the response!
Not sure I agree with that as it doesn't explain why if I'm not logged in, the playlist is as per original.
It only updates when I am logged in...

Hey @m_haywood.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Certain playlists created by us can adapt to your listening behavior. Be sure to use the like and dislike feature to let us learn about what music you like and the recommendations will become better over time.

Feel free to open the playlist from outside your account (for example through a friends account), and then putting the songs in a playlist of your own. That playlist shouldn't change 🙂

Hope that does the trick. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts