Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question about Family Plan when I'm subscribed with a giftcard

Question about Family Plan when I'm subscribed with a giftcard

I want to start the Spotify Family Plan on my account, but I'm currently paying for premium through a giftcard. I canceled the Premium subscription I set up to renew after the giftcard ran out so I could change to a Family Plan but I need to know: will the Family Plan subscription charge me as soon as I subscribe or will it wait until my giftcard time runs out to switch so I can add other people? Thanks.

3 Replies

Sorry to double post but I see in the Family FAQ it says that your "remaining time that you've already paid for will be converted into a Premium for Family subscription, so this can bring your next payment date forward." I'm a little confused about what that means. 

Hi, Ive the same question. Did it worked on your account? Could you share your experience?

Spotify didnt seems to be interested in answering any questions here...

Thanks in advance!

Hey @Alex415,

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

No worries. If you subscribe to Premium for Family, the remainder of your individual Premium time from the gift card will be converted into the new Premium Family plan. In this case the billing date will be brought forward due to pricing differences. 

Keep in mind that currently there is no option to activate the Premium for Family offer with a gift card. 

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts