Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random Devices Connecting To Account

Random Devices Connecting To Account

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

My Question or Issue

Random phones keep connecting to my Spotify account and kicking me out from the music I am playing, when I look at the devices connected its always a different name (ie. Ivy’s IPhone). In my device management I am unable to forget the device or kick them off. 

I have attempted to sign out of all devices through the website and change my password multiple times to no avail. The most recent time I reset my password, I logged back into Spotify on my phone and within the first 30 seconds of my listening, my music was paused and when I checked I was yet again connected to a random iPhone. 

It has gotten to the point where Spotify is unusable for me and I cannot even get through a song without it connecting to another device.

22 Replies

Hey @BrianKisch, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'd recommend following all of the steps provided in this support article for more info and the next steps to take.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi mate did you get sorted? I'm having same problem 😕 

Hey @blakeland,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we suggest you follow the steps you can find here to protect your account.

Additionally, make sure to log in to your account page, scroll down, and select SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE. This way you’ll sign out from every device in which your account is open.

Note: Keep in mind this can take up to 1 hour to take effect everywhere.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

i'm done with spotify, enough is enough, I'm not on shared network I'm using mobile data from my phone. during 15 minuts drive to work my music randomly starts playing on 7-8 random devices that i happen to pass by on my way to work and back, it doesn't make any sense can you remove this annoying feature? It's beyond frustrating at this point. I've tried every suggestion from the internet and nothing seem to work. it looks like devs know about this problem for a long time and do nothing to solve it

I’m having this same issue and I’m about yo lose it. I drive 2 hours a day for work and Spotify WAS ny savior but the constant switching to random phones is infuriating! I almost got into a car accident trying to switch back. 

I don’t think you understand the issue. These aren’t devices I have connected with before but completely random devices. Happens when driving and at the gym. How do I prevent Spotify from connecting to random devices. I don’t have this issue with any other app(YouTube, streaming on google, Netflix, iTunes)

Me too man… I cant find anywhere on how to fix it. I might have to switch to apple music sooner or later

Yeah this just started happening to me today. It’s freaking out. And it’s some of the same devices even though I’ve gone to work and back… no matter where I am, it’s connecting to some of the same ones without asking. I did get an email this morning that someone logged in from India. But I changed my password but it still doesn’t matter. 

Looks like I’m not the only one. And it looks like it’s been happening recently to everyone. 

It is happening to me as well I tried everything it said to do and it still happens. If they fix this please let me know. 

Hey folks!

The described behaviours here make me think you might actually be a part of a group listening session.
Could you please take a look and confirm you are not?

And to investigate this further, let us know the following details:

• The platform it happens on (mobile, desktop, etc.)
  • Your Spotify app version
  • The type of internet connection used when the issue occurs
  • The types of devices that connect instead of your phone (screenshots would be of immense help here)

We'll be on the lookout for your responses and do all we can to figure this out and help.
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue. I was lisitening on my desktop app when it happened first.  I have tried changing my password and that does not help. The person just comes back. The device connects as Doug's iPhone. I was on my home wifi. I was not and have never been a part of a group listening session. 

Any fix from Spotify? This is causing the service to be unusable. I've logged out from all devices and reset password. And no I'm not in a group session.

My parter is having the same issues. We have the Spotify duo account but he's been getting emails saying people all over the world are logging and when he was playing music on his phone it switched to 2 different devices, an ipad and an iPhone that he doesn't recognise. He was on our home WiFi and has never been part of a group listening session....

I fixed my issue. What I did was...

• Reset my passwords and signed out (for Wifi and Spotify)
  • Un-Installed and Re-Downloaded Spotify

Same thing. Impossible to use spotify. Random phones, computers conneted to my account, liking random playlists and songs. Supports answer "change pass and log out" does not help. Tried that several times already. 

Spotify better fix this soon, I'm about to cancel my subscription, I'll just download music and put it on my SD card

Yeah I am cancelling. This is absurd. Happens when I am driving.  Already changed my password and signed out. It is connecting to random people's phones and Ipad's as I drive by the cars. Total safety hazard. 

I have changed my password. Uninstalled. Logged out from everywhere. Disconnected all 3rd party app access. Disconnected from all my speakers. Use mobile data. AND STILL get random other people’s devices music playing.

Is this a hack? Some way for songs to get played? Is our data ok?

Suggested posts