Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly kicked out & wont log me back into my reg account

Randomly kicked out & wont log me back into my reg account

I was randomly logged out of my Spotify when I tried to open it yesterday to play music (everything working fine up to that point) and when I tried to log back in with my username and password (saved on my phone) it says it didn’t recognize it. So I changed my password but when I logged back in, it had changed my log in name to a random number AND none of my playlists/data was there- it wasn’t even a premium account anymore. It looked like a free account with music I listened to 6 years ago. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 6s, iPad & computer)

Operating System

(iOS 10.)

My Question or Issue

I was randomly logged out of my Spotify when I tried to open it yesterday to play music (everything working fine up to that point) and when I tried to log back in with my username and password (saved on my phone) it says it didn’t recognize it. So I changed my password but when I logged back in, it had changed my log in name to a random number AND none of my playlists/data was there- it wasn’t even a premium account anymore. It looked like a free account with music I listened to 6 years ago. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 6s, iPad & computer)

Operating System

(iOS 10.)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! Many other users have been reporting this issue. It seems that Spotify staff have reset passwords to a number of accounts that were deemed insecure. All was done in the best interest of the users'. For the time being, have a look at this support page if you haven't done so already and try out the suggested steps. 

Hope this helps!

A

I have the same problem. Just stopped working . Couldn't log in using saved password. Requested a reset but no email received so still can't get it. Had to set up a new account to post this. Searched the spotify site and can't seem to see where else to get support.  Frustrating!  Any help gratefully accepted.

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for coming to the community for help in regards to the log-in issue. As you've probably gathered, many other users are encountering this log-in issue as well. I'd advise getting in contact with SpotifyCares via Twitter or Facebook. Bear in mind that it may take a while since others will be enquiring about the same issue, but they should eventually get to you.

Best wishes,

A

I'm having almost the exact same issue.  My account was apparently logged out (I was trying to login from my Google Pixel 2 and the smart lock was failing to get me logged in).  I attempted to reset the password, but the email to reset has changed my username to a string of numbers and the account does not have the premium I paid for.  If I attempt to reset the password with the username, the reset email is not sent to my email address.  I'm totally lost.

I have have exactly the same problem! I don't know what they're doing, but I want my account back 😞

Suggested posts