Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Full Name from account

Solved!

Remove Full Name from account

Hello!

I made the regreful mistake of temporarily connecting my facebook account to my spotify profile.  Now my account shows up everywhere with my facebook picture and my full name.

I've tried disconnecting from facebook, deleting spotify from my facebook settings, uninstalling spotify (and clearning the cache & profile directories).  My full name still shows up.

How do I revert my account so that only my spotify screen name shows up? 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmm...if that doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to the Spotify Support team through this form- https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/. They should be able to assist! If you receive a "No-reply" email, go ahead and reply back to it. This will bring a response from the support team. 

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had to contact support directly. They manually unlinked my fb account.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @v4, welcome to the community!

You can disconnect your Facebook account from your Spotify account by going on the desktop client and selecting "Disconnect from Face book.

Windows : Spotify > Edit > Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook

It may take up to 24 hours for your account to update.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Yes, I've done that...2 weeks ago (on both desktop and mobile).

Marked as solution

Hmm...if that doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to the Spotify Support team through this form- https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/. They should be able to assist! If you receive a "No-reply" email, go ahead and reply back to it. This will bring a response from the support team. 

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I'll do that.

Thank you!

I messaged support, and they told me that as long as Facebook is connected you'll be forced to show your full name. If you want to undo the Facebook link, you can do the follwoing:

In the desktop client:

1. Go to EDIT.
  2. Click PREFERENCES.
  3. Scroll down to SOCIAL NETWORK.
  4. Click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

I tried it but I got nothing.

Marked as solution

I had to contact support directly. They manually unlinked my fb account.

Suggested posts