Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Solved!

Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

I have never had an issue with my Roku Spotify app before. I am running it on multiple Roku devices (a Roku 3 and Roku streaming sticks). As of today, I opened up the app on the Roku streaming stick and there was no playlist option - just "search" and "what's new". All of my playlists have gone. I am able to view them just fine from my phone app. I uninstalled the Roku app and reinstalled but still no playlist option. Help!!! I have tried the same on my Roku 3 and it still does not have an option to view playlists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here on Roku 4. Premium customer ... for this? Return to the working version (as bad as it was), fire the current programming manager(s) and hire someone who actually knows how to test software before releasing it. Don't waste your time logging out / in or rebooting the Roku; nothing changes.
Edit Apr 1, 2017: I initially thought this had to be a programming error; no longer. I believe they actually removed the playlist feature in order to "fix" the problem of playlists showing up and / or endless loading.

Edit Apr 10, 2017: Confirmed "Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app."
If your reading these messages, take a minute to add your remarks and / or drop your Premium subscription - the only way to fight back.

View solution in original post

147 Replies

Hey @Ashaloo1, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This issue has been reported by other users and Spotify is currently looking into it! Please follow the topic here for updates: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

Hi, Jacob_. Thank  you for the reply - but the post you linked to is three weeks old - there have been no further updates to this issue. I have been a loyal customer for seven years now! I have two children who adore Spotify and have made their own playlists and use it every day. It was super sad when my children opened it up today to listen to their songs and found them all gone. Can you please look into where this resolution is at currently? What exactly is the problem? Is it a licensing issue with Roku or a bug? Our primary device for listening to Spotify is Roku - so if this isn't solved we will likely cancel our subscription. Which would be super upsetting for me as well as my children who have invested tens of hours building their own playlists. Thank you for your attention.

-Robby

(loyal Spotify customer)

@Ashaloo1,

The last Spotify post on that topic was 11 days ago. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do from my end, but I can confirm that Spotify is actively communicating about or working on the issue. They will post in that board as soon as they have more to announce 🙂

My Roku 3 Spotify App starting having problems about 6 months ago. It started with Playlists not updating. I would add songs on my PC or phone, and nothing would update on the Roku app. Contacted support and sent in all kinds of info regarding roku info, tv info, isp info etc... Never a fix.

About 3 months ago, my discover weekly list would never load, just the endless spinning wheel. Contacted support again, gave more info, still never a fix.

About 2 weeks ago, all my play lists were showing, but songs would never load from any list. Contacted support again, gave more info, still never a fix.

Yesterday the playlist option is gone. I'm expecting to login next week and the entire app will be gone.

I've been a spotify permium customer for about 3 years now, and I'm pretty fed up with their support.

Me too so frustrating, same on now tv.

Exact same problem(s) here. Not seeing the point of keeping a Premium account, frankly, if Spotify can't be bothered supporting its customers. 

Having the same issues! If this issue persist I'm going to cancel my premium account.
Marked as solution

Same here on Roku 4. Premium customer ... for this? Return to the working version (as bad as it was), fire the current programming manager(s) and hire someone who actually knows how to test software before releasing it. Don't waste your time logging out / in or rebooting the Roku; nothing changes.
Edit Apr 1, 2017: I initially thought this had to be a programming error; no longer. I believe they actually removed the playlist feature in order to "fix" the problem of playlists showing up and / or endless loading.

Edit Apr 10, 2017: Confirmed "Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app."
If your reading these messages, take a minute to add your remarks and / or drop your Premium subscription - the only way to fight back.

I am also having the same issue. I've attached a photo if it helps the support team. Suddenly unable to access playlists from App for Roku. On a Roku 3. I'd love to have this feature back if it was removed during an update. I access Spotify playlists a lot from my Roku.

image.jpg

I'm also having all the same issues as the other posters. Glad to see it's not just me, but I sure do miss my playlists.

I access mine on my LG Blu-ray player. I don't use Roku anymore, too unreliable. I play them with no issue, you may want to get an LG Blu-ray player, it streams Spotify.

In this era of poor customer support I’ve come to expect almost anything. Spotify’s poor response to the Roku/Playlists issue, as well as almost any others, add more proof that companies today have open disdain for their loyal PAYING customers. I switched to the Roku several years ago specifically because it had the Spotify APP. I didn’t even mind upgrading to the premium, as the commercials were getting a bit hard to take. I’ve told almost anyone that would listen to me about how great Spotify WAS. The operative word is WAS. How a software based company like Spotify can let an issue go on like this for this long is ridiculous at best. I didn’t even mind the constant reboots of the Roku to correct the “Non Loading”, or the “Runaway curser” issues. At least it always resolved the issues. Now the lack of playlists is another story altogether. Is there at least one adult programmer at Spotify that can get the “snowflakes” out of their safe zones, and please correct this issue NOW!

While you’re correcting issues, you might also want to look into what happened to the “Add To Playlist” button as well.

I'm with you. This is very disappointing to the point that I'm thinking of cancelling the Spotify subscription after several years. I used to love the playlists etc on my Roku 3 Spotify app. Are the playlists available on the newer Rokus? If so, I'm being asked to pay for a new Roku. Which does not sit well with me at all. So, here I am on the brink of giving up with Spotify. Dam!

We are having the same issues on our Roku with the Spotify App. We, too, are Premium customers. My husband actually works on a news media App for Roku and said that the fact that Spotify's App was released with so many glitches is embarrassing. Good programmers exist--please contract some. Please fix this for your PAYING customers. We are looking into switching to Pandora.

@Jacob_ wrote:

Hey @Ashaloo1, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This issue has been reported by other users and Spotify is currently looking into it! Please follow the topic here for updates: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

Hi Jacob, it looks to me as if your company is NOT bothered about any paying customers and the issues with playlists not loading on TV's and Roku boxes/sticks as from what i can see in the community this issue has been going on for months and months not just a few weeks, either your company get it sorted ASAP or i will be taking the matter further and getting TRADING STANDARDS and any other consumer groups involved as you are supposed to be providing a paid service for the 1's that pay a monthly subscription and doing nothing about the poor service and a lack of updates to the issues we face, i will await your response to these issues we all face

This happened to me too and is so annoying!!

I'm sure this has been discussed. If you're not bringing back the playlist feature, at least release Spotify Connect for Christ sake!

Same issue here.

This is such a bummer.

Was there an update to the app?

Why did the playlist option suddenly disappear?

Please fix it.

Same here as well. We really need a resolution. 😕

Suggested posts