Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skipping to the Next Song or Stopping

Solved!

Skipping to the Next Song or Stopping

Most of the issues I have had with Spotify, I have been able to trouble shoot and fix.  Sometimes they are user error, sometimes something within the functioning of the Spotify app, and a few times, simply something I am trying to do that Spotify does not support.  (Example: real random shuffling of playlists).  This one is frustrating though. 

I have had ongoing trouble with Spotify, when playing through the Android App, randomly skipping to the next song.  Sometimes it will just stop and not skip ahead to the next song.  Any other App playing the same way through the same devices works fine 100% of the time, (Pandora, Amazon, etc.).  But of course, I love Spotify and want to use it, not these other platforms.

I have done all sorts of things to try and fix it, including: Restarting the Android device, Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Spotify App, Restarting the Sonos device it is sometimes playing through, Clearing the Cache, Signing out everywhere, and anything else I can think of.

Oddly, the one thing that did seem to help, although I suspect it will be temporary, is this.  I signed out everywhere.  Then I changed my Spotify password using the Windows interface.  I then logged back in to Spotify on my two Android devices using the new password.  So far all is good for about an hour.  It does not make sense why this should have worked.  Maybe it is a coincidence?  I do not believe any of my passwords have been compromised as I do not share any information or devices with anyone and my passwords are made using a password manager.  They are all at least 16 character, randomly generated, strings of numbers, letters, and symbols. So I seriously doubt anyone else is using my Spotify account.

I have read many other posts from people with the same problem.  There are many suggestions in the comments on these posts but I don't think I have yet seen one where the issue has been permanently fixed.  Anyone have any other ideas?

And sure enough, a couple of hours later and it is skipping and stopping on a playlist again.  I also tried downloading the songs and it does not matter.  Does the same thing even with songs downloaded to the device so it is not a streaming or connection issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Will_T.

Thanks for reaching on the Community about this. We understand your frustration and you are not alone!

In fact, this issue has been raised in the Community already by many other users, and it is currently being investigated by our tech team. Please visit the thread here, leave the requested information and click +VOTE in top-right corner. Keep checking that thread for any updates - we hope to have one for you soon!

Thanks again! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Will_T.

Thanks for reaching on the Community about this. We understand your frustration and you are not alone!

In fact, this issue has been raised in the Community already by many other users, and it is currently being investigated by our tech team. Please visit the thread here, leave the requested information and click +VOTE in top-right corner. Keep checking that thread for any updates - we hope to have one for you soon!

Thanks again! 

Thanks!  Went there and voted and posted system info.

i  also have the problem, i stream from my iphone pro max 13 to heos 350 and it either skips in the song og stop totally

Hey @krystal-healerhuset,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The previously reported issue should have been long fixed, so first we need to make sure, that you're running a fresh Spotify installation on your devices. Could you go ahead and perform a clean reinstall of the app as described here?

If the issue still persists, we'll need some additional information:

• How are you connecting to the playback device? With Connect, Bluetooth or another way?
  • If you're using a network connection, could you try switching to another one, e.g. a hot spot from your phone?
  • Does the issue occur if you use another device with a different account?
  • Are there any firmware updates pending for your playback device?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts