Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

So I guess I've been hacked?

Solved!

So I guess I've been hacked?

Went to listen to a Spotify on my way home from work to find all my playlists deleted and I've apparently been listening to Ultimate Gaming playlist (I have not) and made a playlist of songs from Pirates of the Caribbean (I also have not). SO I'm guessing I've been hacked. I'll change my password and hopefully restore my playlists but is there anything else I need to do to ensure I'm not hacked again?! Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @gemmasaurus, I'm so sorry you're having this issue. Changing your password is a great step on ensuring your account, next thing I'd try is change password on the email (or Facebook) that you use to log in your account. 

Now about recovering playlists, you can get into spotify.com/account and click on the tab 'recover playlists' and you'll see deleted playlists on your account and be able to recover them. 

Let me know if you have any more issues (:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @gemmasaurus, I'm so sorry you're having this issue. Changing your password is a great step on ensuring your account, next thing I'd try is change password on the email (or Facebook) that you use to log in your account. 

Now about recovering playlists, you can get into spotify.com/account and click on the tab 'recover playlists' and you'll see deleted playlists on your account and be able to recover them. 

Let me know if you have any more issues (:

Suggested posts