Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my spotify account at the same time as me.

Solved!

Someone else is using my spotify account at the same time as me.

This is annoying.

I let someone else use my spotify account once. Now this person is permanently logged in through his own facebook account...at least this is how I think it works,

His name and facebook picture shows up at the top of the right corner of the screen whenever I log into my account and it looks like he is using it because more than two third of everything that is starred has been starred by him. It makes it difficult for me to find the music that I've starred my self.

I have right clicked on his name to try to log him out, but all that happens is that I'm logged out and when I log in again he's still there. I've also tried to change my password to no use. So how do I get this person out of my spotify account? I have'nt found any other options than what I've already tried.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

PronXe - Please get in touch with Customer Support. We'd need take some security details to get this sorted, so the Contact Form would be most appropriate. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Sveini - If you'd like me to, I can disconnect all devices from your account. This will mean you'd need to log in again on every device. Would you like me to do this?

You will lose your stored offline playlists if I do this, so you will need to re-sync. Just so you know.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

could you do this for me too please, i am having the same problem. thanks 

Marked as solution

@annikap96 wrote:

Could you do that for me to? 🙂

I've now disconnected all active users on your account. That should sort this issue out.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

Hek88 and MikkelS - I've disconnected all active sessions on your account.

It's also worth giving a password reset a go, for additional security.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

Hi, I am having the same problem. At work I somehow logged into my bosses spotify account and now I am always connected and i can't listen at all when he is listening to music. Is there a way so that I can create my own account that isn't connected to his account? My email is -snip-

Marked as solution

Hey bigmikey, welcome to the Community. I've just removed your email address from your post if that's ok - best not to have it on a public forum.

On this issue, I've disconnected you from the account. Please try signing up for a new account of your own via the website.

Marked as solution

Thanks for your quick help!! Great service!

Marked as solution

Can you do the same for me? It`s okay if offline things unsync or whatever:) its just annoying

Marked as solution

@PeppePolack wrote:

Could you disconnect all devices for me too?

Done!

Marked as solution

@Gabriela90 wrote:

Can you please help me? Someone else is using my account. We are trying to listen to music at the same time but it is my account! I changed my password but that doesn't help since they already are logged in.
Can you disconnect all my devices too? I can resync my playlists 🙂 

Ok, done.

Marked as solution

please can you sign everyone out on mine.

someone is on it but i can't work out who it is. Every now and then it stops my music and says someones using your spotify somewhere else. Also my top played are mainly songs i've never listened to. 

cheers !

169 Replies

Hey!

I'm just writing an email to you now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi!

I have the same problem.
I tried to change password, but then i saw that someone has changed the email.
So i cant fix it by "change password".
Marked as solution

PronXe - Please get in touch with Customer Support. We'd need take some security details to get this sorted, so the Contact Form would be most appropriate. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem, changed password, but doesent seems like it helps.

Marked as solution

Sveini - If you'd like me to, I can disconnect all devices from your account. This will mean you'd need to log in again on every device. Would you like me to do this?

You will lose your stored offline playlists if I do this, so you will need to re-sync. Just so you know.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I wonder if you could do that for me also ? Thanks in advance!

Yes pleas, woud be great .

EliPhone & Sveini - I've just disconnected all devices in your accounts. Fingers crossed, this should sort it. Let us know how you get on.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I got the same problem lol 😞

was there any workaround?

I get emails from the persons account etc.

I found the solution 🙂

go to preferences in spotify..scroll down to "Social Networks"..press Disconnect from Facebook.. then reconnect. Then you can enter you own facebook login and everything is ok again 😄

Can you please do the same  to me because i use spotify premium on my cellphone but someone have logged on their computer i think and changed something. The reason i know this is because a couple of days ago there was a pop up on my phone saying that someone have put the account to force offline and i cant sync any of my songs :S

sander12345 - I've just taken a look at your account, it doesn't seem that anyone is connected to your account at the moment.
Airhorn Enthusiast

hmmm thats wierd but k ;D Thanks for the help 😛 i  think i might reinstall spotify on my phone.

Sander12345 - It might also be worth changing your password, just in case.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes i did that ^^

Someones using my acc, im going to throw the computer into the wall soon..  please help me....

I'd would like to reset mine aswell, it's really annoying. I changed password but since they're already logged in... it would be rally helpful, thanks in advance!

Skrolle - Have you changed your password at all yet?

Lezaie - If I reset your devices, you'll lose all your offline synced tracks. Would you still like me to do so?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

could you do this for me too please, i am having the same problem. thanks 

Suggested posts