Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Solved!

Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Wulffson
Casual Listener

Edit: Still having this issue with it persisting for over 2 weeks now. I really hope the mods here can mark this as still not solved because clearly the "Solution" is not working. This is ridiculous coming from such a large company with a large population of members. I have been a listener for quite some time now and have had premium for most of that time. Another thing I noticed is that my Premium plan changed from the normal $10 plan to the family plan for no reason and I got charged the $15. I never chose the family plan because everyone I know is either already on a family account or has their own premium. If you're having this issue I still recommend resetting your passwords and Unfollowing A.K. For now I've been just double checking before I leave the house every morning removing the songs if they pop up again. I really hope that someone actually important and can get things done around here sees this post and looks into the issue further. As a Community Manager of a 30k member gaming community I can safely say Spotify has some serious issues when it comes to community support and addressing issues with their platform.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy S8 and PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Over the past week I've had random "A.K" songs added to pretty much all of my playlists. It also shows that I'm following A.K. When it first happened I just removed the songs from the playlist, but every day it seems to keep popping up. I have Premium and every time I look this issue up it's always with the "Free plan Suggested songs". I don't even know what A.K is and their "Music" is low key kinda trash ngl. So let's keep this**bleep** off of my Metal playlists spotify. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Petya
Community Legend

Hey all,

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

After all the information you gave us, we reported the artist and their content. It has been taken down from our platform. Thanks for staying tuned and contributing to this. 

In case you see any fraudulent streams appearing in your profile, follow the steps in this support article. You can also secure your account further by taking the measures suggested here.

Since this has been taken care of, we're locking any further replies to this thread. 

If you need further help with anything similar, feel free to start a new thread in the relevant Help Board.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

65 Replies

Lucy6
Casual Listener

Hi, thanks for the response. I understand that Spotify isn't suppose to add music to personal playlists. It’s just odd that many other Spotify users (personal friends as well as other users who’ve posted on this forum) have been experiencing the same added songs from the same artist. I have waited this out, but it’s been happening over again for over a week. This morning new songs were added once again after I deleted them last night. 
I appreciate the links you provided, but I’m confident that my account has not been compromised. In addition, when songs are added to a playlist, they’re added to the bottom. These songs from “A.K.” are inserted at the top of my playlist, always under my first song. 
Is there a way to get a response from a Spotify employee? This I shouldn’t have to delete these songs from my playlists multiple times a day, especially for a paid service. 

Attached is a screenshot of the same playlist as my original post, with another “A.K.” song inserted again this morning. 

Thanks again for your response. 

A3ACE38C-BF35-4776-B69D-9C2B1F40AE96.png

svjacob
Casual Listener

Hello there,

I'm on a paid plan, have this personal playlist that I created: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3MW9syj2PuCrO8DuyS9fOn?si=gihbPSHsTN-B588g4KWHsQ

and randomly Spotify is adding songs by "A.K" to the playlist, as you can see they oddly are sorted near the top with timestamps of "X hours" ago, even the my song added above is January 2nd, and my next song added is January 5th!!

What is going on? This is so annoying?

bryskal

I too am getting A.K songs on my playlists (someone called Yas T as well).  I delete them but they come back. Is this a hack?

janine4
Casual Listener

I do not have a premium account and it's also happening to me. I had to delete yesterday from all of my playlist the songs, and today I found they have been added again randomly into my playlists again!! 

It's getting very frustrating... 

BTW, I see you guys are from the US. I'm writting from Spain, so nothing to do with a target country

mmd_18
Visitor

Songs from an artists called A.K keep getting added to my most recent playlists. It is always the second song in the playlist and is typically 3-10, depending on how long since I have gone through and manually deleted them. I remove them at least once a day and it is a pain. It is also making me nervous that I was hacked so I logged out of all devices and changed my password. Help please

Plan

Premium

TreyAnastasio
Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hi mmd_18,

I’m sorry to hear that you think someone has gained access to your Spotify account. I recommend first resetting your password for your Spotify account (it’s best to use a complex password, and to choose a different one for each service that you use; you can read more about that here). Then, sign out from all devices again. Next, I strongly recommend that you change the password for your email or Facebook that is connected to your Spotify account.

Let us know if you still need help, and have a good day!

TreyAnastasioRock Star 7
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Petya
Community Legend

Hey there @mmd_18

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

We suggest you first perform the steps that @TreyAnastasio described. 

It's best to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window. Once you've got your new password, you need to log in into your Spotify-account, open the account page, scroll down to Sign out everywhere and click on the button. These steps will secure your account. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

PetyaModerator

Nerder1
Visitor
Yet another case of this here, if this is so common, I think there is definitely something fishy going on with this artist.

a18cass
Casual Listener

This is happening to me to and it is annoying, making my Spotify experience intolerable. I have signed out everywhere and think Spotify needs to seriously address this immediately or they will be losing a customer. 

joeluwu

Also got these two artists' songs added to all of my playlists: A.K. and Yas T. 

About 6-8 songs total. They also "Liked" some artists songs so make sure to check your Liked playlist. I changed my passwords but last night they "recovered" the password by sending a link to my email and apparently they clicked on the link. So I had to repeat the process, logged out Spotify everywhere, changed my email passwords and then changed my Spotify password. I hope this solves it, we will see.

ALSO, SPOTIFY please find out about this issue and FIX it for us!

droidster
Visitor

It would be nice if Spotify would stop saying "we are looking into it" or spamming us with how to update a password. 

I'm ready for a class action if no one is going to fix it. Plain and simple.

Visitor
Don't bother contacting Spotify about this. I just wasted 80 MINUTES of my life on a support chat. They locked me out of my own account and never addressed the actual issue. Clearly this is a bigger issue beyond my password if its happening to all of us.

After this experience I am definitely ready for a class action.

buffaloyj

buffaloyj_1-1579508873480.png

Same problem here. These terrible songs kept popping up in EVERY one of my playlists. Just a guess, but some dirtbag possibly got hold of our logins and wrote a script to just keep logging in and adding these songs to playlists. Do it enough times, and they'll be making bank on all of the folks who just let their playlists play through everything. They'll just keep collecting $ from Spotify for every play. I "logged out everywhere" and changed my password, so hopefully this stops happening.

Wulffson
Casual Listener

I think it's safe to say at this point nobody is "Hacking" our accounts. This is clearly a wide spread issue that 100's of thousands of people are having. I've noticed that after posting this, that I am no longer having these songs added. I did also go and Unfollow A.K which is what I recommend everyone here to do. Basically how to fix this until spotify fixes this is to just unfollow A.K or any other unwanted artist and they should stop being added.
Note: I have not changed my password.

Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hi @Wulffson

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

Make sure to always keep your account safe

I hope it helps!

Emilia_8Rock Star 10

Andresbcf
Visitor
  1. I got the same problem with the same songs so I don’t think it’s just him please solve this

Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hi @Andresbcf

Thanks for letting me know!

It has been reported to the right team and they'll investigate this case further. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Emilia_8Rock Star 10

SonnyMCS
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

On EVERY SINGLE one of my created playlists, random cheaply made songs keep appearing for no reason without me adding them. No one uses my account but me, and sometimes my family uses the account on the Amazon Alexa. I use an iPhone XR and sometimes a Windows 10 laptop but I don’t think that is that relevant to the issue. The songs have cheap generic artwork with flowers and the songs sound like they were made a decade ago on a cheap music maker, and they’re all from an “artist” called “A.K”. I keep removing them but they keep coming back. I don’t know if it’s relevant to mention that they keep appearing under a he first song on the playlist. The songs that keep appearing are as follows.

A.K - Magic Forest

A.K - Get Ready

A.K - Fabrik

A.K - Parade

A.K - Mystery

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

buggie106
Visitor
yeah same thing happened here same band different songs i think. I already removed them so hard to say they were added three days ago at the second to top of a over 600 song long playlist. considering what happened it seems to either be some form of error on spotify's end causing this new artist to how up on peoples playlists or some form of bot through a security breach. But honestly if it is that this is very tame of a thing to do

Akalii
Visitor

I've had the same problem. Random playlists were added to my spotify alongside those same exact weird A.K songs. Then I got an email from Spotify about finishing logging into the mobile app which definitely wasn't from me. So I just contacted spotify and they did a reset on my account, logging me out of everywhere and I reset my password. 

Callagc2
Visitor
This is happening to me too!!! A.K Magic Forest has been added to EVERY single one my playlists as the second song. I checked again this morning and now it is double added! So now it’s on every playlist twice. What is going on here? Is someone hacking our accounts?

Someone help!
SUGGESTED POSTS