Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Hacked?

Visitor

Hi! I was so scared that I was the only one with this problem! The music added isn't even my taste, and somehow the songs have been added to my playlists within the previous day. I've logged out of everywhere and changed my passwords. 

Update: I've just found out that on Jan 11, someone logged into my account in Turkey. I just changed my passwords and I suggest that if anyone else is going through this problem to do the same! 

Spotify Hacker 2.JPG
Spotify Hacker..JPG
Highlighted

Visitor

Also had this problem, same "A.K." artist with their songs added to all of my playlists!!!

Changed my password and signed out on everything but don't know how to report this. 😕

Highlighted

Re: Random unwanted songs keep appearing

Visitor

I've had the same problem. Random playlists were added to my spotify alongside those same exact weird A.K songs. Then I got an email from Spotify about finishing logging into the mobile app which definitely wasn't from me. So I just contacted spotify and they did a reset on my account, logging me out of everywhere and I reset my password. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

check your liked songs as well, these assholes liked all their own songs too 

Highlighted

Re: Hacked? "A.K." Artist and "Yas T"

Casual Listener

Exactly! Bc of the nature of what happened I'm not sure if I have been hacked at all or not, or if it's like...some kind of bug or virus.

Highlighted

Re: Songs being added to my playlist

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hi @Wulffson

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

Make sure to always keep your account safe

I hope it helps!

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Visitor
  1. I got the same problem with the same songs so I don’t think it’s just him please solve this
Highlighted

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hi @Andresbcf

Thanks for letting me know!

It has been reported to the right team and they'll investigate this case further. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Hey there @Mbuzz49, @soupy98 and @Kaniikaniit,

Thanks for jumping in here and adding info to the thread! 

Securing your account is a great way to make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

We've made sure the fraudulent artists and the fake streams they've gained are reported to the right teams in Spotify. We appreciate all of  the screenshots, artists' names and descriptions you've given us. Rest assured this is being looked into! 

In the future, if you spot anything like that, that appears shady, don't hesitate to tell us right away so we can take the necessary steps to deal with it. 

Keep us posted! 

PetyaModerator

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same happened to me. Looks like the songs were originally added to all of my playlists, public and private, 3 days ago (Monday, Jan 13th), and then the same tracks were added again as recently as 2 hours ago. 

I've logged out everywhere and reset my password. Obviously there was a hack. Hopefully this is taken care of swiftly. 

SUGGESTED POSTS