Spotify Connect Autoplays Wrong Device

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone, iMac, Bose

My Question or Issue

I leave a phone connected in my car specifically to stream music while I drive.  When I start my car, the bluetooth connects to the phone and it begins to play where I left Spotify the last time I was driving.  Then Spotify Connect takes over, stops playing in my car, and automatically starts playing on my last played device in the house.  So, every morning at 6 am when I'm leaving for work, the cell phone in my car connects to my car stereo via bluetooth and then tells my living room stereo to start playing music.  It's so frustrating.  How can I make this stop?

3 Replies

Hey @levir03

The Connect feature automatically saves the last device you used for quicker use. But it's not supposed to connect automatically, or without asking. 

In order to go around this, make sure to enable the 'Show local devices only' setting from your app's settings. That should do the trick.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I have the same problem and this fix didn't work for me.  There is a bug here.  Please someone test and fix it!

Hey @dshugrue and welcome to the Community!

Thanks for giving the steps above a try. If they didn't solve this for you, you can try performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here.

You can also let us know your Spotify version and what device you're using to connect to your car if the issue persists.

We hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Suggested posts