Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family plan keeps removing one of our members

Spotify Family plan keeps removing one of our members

One of us keeps getting removed recently, hence we have to keep on creating new links to enable that person to join, it gets kinda annoying time and time but can I know what's the cause of this problem?

Thanks

7 Replies

Hey @sushipack321!

Welcome to the Spotify Community! That sounds annoying. Let's get to solving this! Could you give me a little more info?

1. When did this start? (Was it right from the moment you got Premium?)
  2. Is it always the same person that keeps getting removed?
  3. How many people are already joined to your family account?

1) Er no, it wasn't right after that account got the premium membership
2) Yes it only happens only for that account
3) Full (including that one account that always gets removed)

Hey!

It sounds to me like the system might be throwing out your family member because it thinks there are too many accounts assigned. Perhaps one of you has a double acount and signed in with both. (This could even happen by accident, for example if you make one with your email address and one with your Facebook.) The system wouldn't know those accounts belong to the same person and will kick anyone who gets added after it's full.

1. Please check this at you account page.
  2. Click on Manage and check if there's only one account per family member.

Keep me posted!

Hey, i have the same problem, i keep getting removed from my family account with no reason. We're are not at full capacity of accounts. It has happen twice for two months straight. Like if i was only in the plan for a month and then got removed.

Same here. I have two family members. It worked fine for a month. Today it was payment day, and the payment was successful. Also today one of the members were removed. Why?

i also have same problem and have ben in contact with customer service several times and keeps happening. i only have 3 people on it. They keep saying they removed my daughter because she didn't confirm email they sent her but the only email i see are emails asking her to subscribe to premium! 

this is happening to me. My mom just got added into the plan (we would have 5 including her) and it just kicked me out of premium. It downgraded me to a free account. Why did it even kick me out to begin with?

Suggested posts