Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Unlimited

Solved!

Spotify Unlimited

I accidently upgraded to spotify premium from the unlimited plan, how do I get it back? I do not wan't permium because I do not have spotify on my phone but I do not want the free version with adds. I was really enjouying the one I had but now I connot get it back...

54 Replies

well, that worked. thanks for the link. thanks!

still finding it rather awkward that i have to go through all this forum posting back and forth to get back to my old subscription.

Yeah it's definitely not the best when you are having issues! However I am glad you got up and running.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think it's a shame. Just only a dirty way to upgrade to premium. I've done it for testing. I don't want to pay double for a quality of sound that I'm unable to appreciate, so I want to go back to Unlimited. I can't. Currently I've the FREE subscription but links you've provided doesn't do the trick. Please, allow me to work with you in the good old way! I'm using Spotify from Spain and I had unlimited registration for more than one year.

@fermatkepler - I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly so they can assist you further with this. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

It is no longer possible to get Unlimited in Sweden and that is why I could not enter my new credit card number unless I upgraded to Premium. I now have to use free as long as that will last and after that I'll have to find a new way of listening to music. I'll miss Spotify!

I absolutely agree with you.

All they do is lure you into a Premium account by their "Test Premium for a Month" offer....And after a month there is no way to get back to your good old Unlimited.

@Spotify: Thanks for nothing, really! Should sue you, because that monthly trial membership is nothing but a scam....I'm absolutely pissed...

Hi, I'm also in Spain. I have been Unlimited for a long time now as I have been travelling through Europe. I had a problem with my credit card and the payment was not made, so they cancelled my subscription, and I am now a free user. I can't find the option unlimited anymore, did you manage to solve your problem???

Thanks

Elena

I have also posted here in another discussion the paragraph below. I am also from Spain, is awfull the way Spotify is treating Unlimited users, we signed some condition and they are have broken the commercial agreement unilaterally:

Let me tell you my experience in the last two months. 

I have been a subscriber for Unlimited since 2011. I am basically a web user, not a mobile one, so happy with my subscription without ads during all this time. Last August my credit card was about to expire and I received message about this from Spotify and run to change the card information. I could not believe when I came to know that I was force to change to Premium, no way to select Unlimited anymore.

I had been in contact with Customer Service during these two months, they provide me different links, saying to try this or try that, and any of them could make my Unlimited suscription run anymore. Finally they paid for me a 2 months Unlimited coupon in order to have the time to investigate the issue, they asked me to contact  again aftert that time, and if there is no solution, I should activate a Premium suscription and after that they will try to modify it to an Unlimited one. 

I did yesterday the activation of Premium account, and messsaged the Customer Service telling so, in order they proceed to change it.

The reponse was that Unlimited is not available in my country (Spain) and they will pay me 2 months of Premium.

I feel really angry and cheated after all this time paying my suscription. Spotify has not even notify Unlimited users that it would disappear, they have used the tricky way of let credits cards expire and then get rid of them.

Same problem in Finland. My card number changed and I can't resubscribe Unlimited. This totally sucks. As a student and a non-android phone owner, I simply can't afford to pay 10 euros per month for useless features. I was a happy listener for many years, but now I'm pissed and will stop using Spotify and become a Youtube playlist listener. Bring back Unlimited!

Seriously spotify!!! What's wrong with you? Could you provide the link please to go back to unlimited???? We all feel trap here. That's so not good for your reputation...

None of your links works... It's still says that I'm not eligible for the discounted product that I try to purchase and ask me again and again to upgrate to bloody premium 😞

Hey, I contacted the support via contact formular and I still have no response.. very sad for this institution. I really thought is was quite big and well organized. I just saw their offer for students to have premium for 4,99€ and then I wanted to "upgrade" from my unlimited to premium but I still have some questions + I don't want to pay double since they obviously want me to pay on the 1st of Dezember but my unlimited goes till the middle of each month..I simply don't want to pay twice -.-* Just a shame since no1 responded yet so I try to get some response here....

Unfortunately from reports over on the topic below, it looks like Unlimited is now unavailable for a lot of people:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Subscription-Comparison-Chart/td-p/666916

@onkelzfan100 - If you upgrade to student premium, the system will convert your remaining Unlimited time to Premium time and use that up before you are billed. All you should need to do is follow the student upgrade links.

Peter

@Peter - where exactly do I upgrade to student premium? When I normally click "Upgrade to premium" I just see following: I have 19 days of unlimited left. They give me 9 days of premium now and will change to premium for 9,99€ from that moment on. So I just want student premium for 4,99 and since there or no difference between the amount of money I just want it to go over normally and pay as usual at the 15th each month. Is that possible? If yes, please tell me :x

Try clicking upgrade on this page?
https://www.spotify.com/student/

Peter

Mhm...ok it says that I will only be billed at the next bill date but it's just as with the normal premium thing. The date will be in 9 days...naja...not as good as possible but acceptable =/

Sad that it's just 12 months but maybe we can extend that offer 🙂

@onkelzfan100 - If you have any issues with the payment don't hesitate to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to happy to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

As I already stated above I already used that formular but they haven't responded yet for 4 days although it said they are looking forward to respond within 24 hours.

Got the 8-digit case number handy from when you got in touch? I can ask someone from the Spotify team to escalate it for you.

Peter

ok, it happened again. I went on a trip and upgraded to premium because I was positive that I could go back to unlimited with the links that Peter provided here.

Canceled premium, waited for it to go back to free, now it tells me I can't get the "discounted product".

Is this for real? I've said it before and I say it again, I am not going to pay ten euros instead of five; i don't need or want mobile spotify.

Suggested posts