Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Connect to Mint

Solved!

Spotify Won't Connect to Mint

UPDATE

Mint finally connected to Spotify but know it is saying that I have to reapore to some message in my Spotify account.

My account doesn't even have an area for messagea....

I have seen similar posts but none of the solutions have worked for me.

I am trying to connect my Spotify account with the Mint Finacial app. My spotify is not connected to Facebook and I have tried changing my password.

A lot of solutions tell me to create a Device Password but that is not listed as an option in my Spotify account settings

Please Help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The issue is that Mint app is currently not supporting Spotify accounts right now. The development team of the Mint app are having technical difficulties with that and they are hoping to have that supported in the future.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I am having the exact same problem.

Same problem here. I just recently deleted my facebook account if that means anything.

I’m having the exact same problem and it’s super annoying seeing the notification on mint and not being able to do anything about it

Mint finally connected to Spotify but know it is saying that I have to view some message in my Spotify account.

Mint specifically says:  

"Spotify: Spotify needs your attention before we can connect. Check Message"

Which just redirects me to: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

I can only imagine it wants me to view the banner message about upgrading to premium for family, which I have no need to do, but then can't dismiss the message.  C'mon folks get with it!

Same here

Same. 

Having the same problem.

same here

+1... is this mint or spotify issue?

I've spent literally hours talking with both Mint and Spotify about this, and both of them say the other company is to blame. So we're at an impasse.

Auuuggh. Mint support told me it was a spotify issue too.  SO LAME

Marked as solution

The issue is that Mint app is currently not supporting Spotify accounts right now. The development team of the Mint app are having technical difficulties with that and they are hoping to have that supported in the future.

Mint says it's Spotify's problem, so who is having the issue right now?  This is a PITA and should be fixed immediately so we can see our billing information in Mint.

So it could be Spotify's problem, the issue is the second step validation process. After you sign into Spotify to add the account to the Mint app, the user is prompt to go to Spotify and validate the connection between your Spotify account and the Mint app, to make sure no one has hacked your account. That said, they probably want to have Spotify allow messages to verify for validation between the connections. We don't really know the issue per say, but we can speculate that the development team are trying to have multiple security measures (multi-step validation) to prevent identity & information theft. The problem also occurs that Spotify does not manage third-party apps or troubleshoot them, so the issue really comes to play with Mint app development team and what they're trying to accomplish.

Mint has specifically said that I need to contact Spotify to rectify this user. I I think we need a Spotify mods' input on this. 

Screenshot_20180510-215206.png
20180510_221007.png

Ok, just to let you all know. You guys aren't talking to the developers directly. You all are talking to a support team or IT tech support; whom they don't know much about the technical issues per say on the application itself. Literally, the development team are having technical difficulties to solve this issue. The IT tech support don't know the actual issue per say and they aren't going to give a whole complicated explanation, especially if the customers aren't software developers and woulnd't understand anything the dev team would say the problem is. So the IT Tech support is just going to say its the other company's issue, giving yall the working around. Right now, just know the development team of Mint literally said, they are hoping to solve the issue and have that functionality working in the future. So you all would have to be patient at this point. Or just "submit a request to Spotify to allow Mint access to the site." Whatever that means...smh

I am having the same issue. I contacted Mint and they said Spotify blocked Mint and that's why we keep getting that message. Spotify please unblock Mint

Same issues as everyone else and I certainly hope they can start to work together.  Given the number of other third-party apps that use Spotify's API, I would assume they would have the want...  

Same issue here, for months.   Sick of seeing the "Spotify Needs You" message from Mint.  

Suggested posts