Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify and Facebook email problems

Spotify and Facebook email problems

Hello, hopefully this won't be too confusing for you guys to help me with! 

So I appear to have two accounts, one is my facebook account that I can log in with my email address and one is the account I actually use with all my playlists on it which is a normal Spotify account. The latter has my old email address attached to it. I want to change this to my new email address- but can't, because that is being used by my facebook spotiify account. If I disconnect from Facebook the facebook spotify account is still there. 

I am guessing one option is to ask Spotify to delete the facebook spotify account, but I wanted to ask if there is any other way. All I really want to do is use my current email address on the spotify account I actually use, and not the facebook one!

Many thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Hey @j1star1, welcome to the community!

The fastest way to resolve this issue is to create another e-mail address or an e-mail alias then change one of the e-mails on the account to the new e-mail/alias so that e-mail on the other account be switched to the one that was just removed. 

If you're unable to create another e-mail or create an e-mail alias, I can escalate this to the team and have a moderator reach out, but it will take longer.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Heya, thanks for replying so fast, I appreciate it. The other account which is using the emai address I want is a facebook spotify account and it will not let me change that email address, unfortunately : (

@j1star1 wrote:

Heya, thanks for replying so fast, I appreciate it. The other account which is using the emai address I want is a facebook spotify account and it will not let me change that email address, unfortunately : (

@j1star1 Oh I'm sorry! I see the exact problem now! Not sure how I didn't catch it at first. Well, I escalated this case to the moderators and I'll let you know what they say. Hopefully , they'll be able to manually change the e-mail addresses.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Thankyou so much, that would be wonderful. 🙂 

Hey @j1star1

Welcome to the Community.

We'd recommend reaching out to our email team here, or to the folks at @SpotifyCares on Twitter or Facebook. They'll help you get things fixed up. 

If you need us, just shout 🙂

Suggested posts