Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. This has been going on for far too long for it to be a problem on my end as I have changed my devices, settings, and other things to try and fix it. I have reinstalled Spotify and my OS but nothing helps. I also see no friends through my Facebook integration even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook profile multiple times. All my settings are the same as my friends and he can see his friend activity but I can't. I already posted about this problem once, and was told it would fix itself but that was months ago. This is very infuriating as it has been going for so long.

spotifyhelp.png
spotifyhelp2.png
941 Replies

the same issue on Mac os, before the wrap 2021  I'm able to see my followed friends activity, after the wrap 2021, I can't see it anymore even I logged into Facebook. Setting are all right. 

to y'all for as long as your customers pay for premium, you get to do whatever you want right?

adioscompanieros_0-1638959884098.png

Now I have this issue, I tried turning it on and off, reinstalling with on and off and nothing happened. 

It’s really ashame that this feature is now put on private as default. Many users don’t use this option as it’s only available on PC en not on the phone. So they don’t care. I discovered lots of music this way by different people I am following. It is not possible to get into contact with all those users I follow to ask them to put this feature on. Really ashame. Please bring it back!!! If people want to use private option it’s always possible to switch it off.

preach!

Reinstalling will not help. I’ve been in contact with helpdesk. It’s because this feature have been put on private as default. All the users who we listen to maybe even not use this option and will not put it on public. it’s really ashame that the feature of following the listening activity by other users is now put on private as default. It’s only available on PC en not on the phone. So many users would not even care. Really ashame.

I said to one of the agents yesterday that I’m grateful of being part of a family package because with a service like that they do not deserve any penny

Same issue (except only shows like 2 out of 20 friends), I've reinstalled spotify like 6 times now and closed and reopened it countless times now, I've even restarted my pc 2 times and the issue still remains 😞 spotify pls fix and if a new update might have turned the "Share my listening activity on Spotify" thing off for everyone, can you please revert it to how it used to be?

I have the same problem! A couple of days ago (I think since Spotify Wrapped came out), Spotify stopped updating my friend feed, and since it's been more than a week, it has disapeared from my screen. I can still see the activity of two of my friends though (wich is super random), so that's weird too. I already tried checking my hosts and have reinstalled the application multiple times, but nothing worked. I hope Spotify fixes this!

it's not happening to all users at once, just one at at time, i had 5 remaining in my list and now down to 3

Hi, your friends need to turn on Friend Activity option in their App. And this has nothing to do with the Wrapped feature. 

Hi, I have the same problem and I can assure you that all my friends have the Friend activity turned on.

Same problem 😞

Same problem here, still not fixed

i have the EXACT same problem and it started the same day as it didd for you. Come on Spotify Fix your app!!!

I recently noticed my friend activity has ZERO people now. I follow about 40 or more people and usually before all of **bleep** saw about 10 or so active users. As of today, it's blank. I literally think this was stupid, and I will now cancel my premium subscription and probably just head over to another listening platform. I am just disappointed in this "new" privacy setting.

My friend activity also disappeared after wrapped 2021 but they can see what I'm listening to and they haven't changed their settings. I can see 4/20 friends activity I normally see. I've re-installed the app and made sure everything was up to date? What is happening? I like seeing what my friends are listening to

but it used to work, which means they had it on but why did it stop now

They’re gonna hear from me today if nothing happened yet, enough getting mooched to be tortured 

Friend activity is greyed outFriend activity is greyed outRecently I have noticed that in my friend Activity bar to the right all my friends activity is all greyed out.  I have tried going into settings but when I do what it says in settings this function is on as green.  So I also tried to re download and installed the lasted version of spotify from the Microsoft store.  

I should mention that I did try to login to facebook through spotify but my friend activity bar is still grayed out.  

The plan that I am on is the free version of spotify

Windows 11 home 64 bit operating system

This is an issue.

Suggested posts