Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

Solved!

Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. This has been going on for far too long for it to be a problem on my end as I have changed my devices, settings, and other things to try and fix it. I have reinstalled Spotify and my OS but nothing helps. I also see no friends through my Facebook integration even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook profile multiple times. All my settings are the same as my friends and he can see his friend activity but I can't. I already posted about this problem once, and was told it would fix itself but that was months ago. This is very infuriating as it has been going for so long.

spotifyhelp.png
spotifyhelp2.png
922 Replies

Well, not really a solution, since I still can't see others activity in Spotify. Why should I be telling them to share their activity. As usual, Spotify broke something it was working fine. Thanks.

My Spotify account in general just doesn't seem to let me see what my friends are listening to. In my settings, the Display section doesn't have those buttons. It only has the "See what your friends are playing" one. I've clicked yes on that and yes to "Share my listening activity on Spotify", but I still can't seem to see what my friends are playing. I've tried redownloading it and logging out and in, but none seem to work.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.45.04 pm.png

My Spotify account in general just doesn't seem to let me see what my friends are listening to. In my settings, the Display section doesn't have those buttons. It only has the "See what your friends are playing" one. I've clicked yes on that and yes to "Share my listening activity on Spotify", but I still can't seem to see what my friends are playing. I've tried redownloading it and logging out and in, but none seem to work.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.45.04 pm.png

You can see in the screenshot that the setting is turned on, it's the app that's registering as off. This isn't helpful at all.

I used to be able to see my friend activity before, but these past months nothing shows up. I re-downloaded spotify, toggled the display and share button many times, but still nothing. I have some friends that I'm following NOT through facebook and vice versa, but i just get the "Let friends and followers on Spotify see what you're listening to" display on the right side although everything in settings is correct.

Also, my friend and I just followed each other and confirmed that we are sharing our songs, etc-- but we both can't see each other on the right hand still

I am unable to view friend activity even though I have all the relevant options selected.

I have tried relogging, clearing local files and reinstalling.

I have a premium account on Windows 10.

unknown (1).png

Still having this issue. It doesn't matter which device I use, (Samsung phone, Windows computer, or Macbook). Only one friend is visible. my other friends can see my activity but I never see theirs. 

See my earlier post folks:

• We need your username, and the username of someone you are following.
  • Both of you have your sharing turned on, and are actively listening.
  • And you don't see each other's listening in the Friend Feed. 
  • We need explicit written permission from both of you - so we can look at your accounts.
  • So you and the other person need to either DM @Julian or post your usernames here saying you ok this.
  • We can't test this with one person's username and permission.  We need both users.

Once we have this we can do some checking. Thanks all.

My friend can see my activity but I can't see his. We both have sharing turned on.

I give permission for you to look at my profile. I'll ask him to give permission here too. Here's his profile: https://open.spotify.com/user/21oqvil3jswhuv3brnkkwmupy?si=bd0081cf58974eef Here's mine: https://open.spotify.com/user/ejtntmc80hng7poiz7s5viz93?si=cbb656730b334106

Permission to look at my profile granted.

I dont think this is the problem because I follow 56 people and no one is showing up to me, I think its very hard that from this 56 people no one have activated the "Share activity" feature. 
Besides this I dont have facebook, so I cant connect to see what my friends are hearing. So I am not sure what is the problem here. I wish I had the option to "Connect to Instagram"Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 10.27.43.png

Can you please reply to my post from 2 weeks ago?

Sorry for the delay @lkllnd93 - and thanks to both of you for giving us permission to investigate.  

@JanSolo can you please go into Settings and just double check if Share my listening activity on Spotify is on please. If it is, please turn it off. Then close and restart Spotify. And go back into Settings and turn Share my listening activity on Spotify back on again. Then let me know here when that's been done and we'll check the backend again. 

Hi @Loneliest_Cabin, i followed the steps. I noticed that the "Share my listening activity on Spotify" option was enabled on my desktop application but not on my mobile app. Now it's turned on on both applications. 

thats a problem. people have to double check their smartphone and computer, if those social options are enabled.

a lot wont do that, too awkward, or they have no awareness of the importance of the social settings. (if they want to share, of course, otherwise no matter)

what do you think?

Thanks @JanSolo - can you confirm you turned "share my listening activity on spotify" off, restarted the app, and then turned them on again please? Thanks

Yes, i can confirm.

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

I can't see what my friends are listening to. I have tried everything described on the forum in this case. I logged into a friend's account. I saw his friends there.

But when he logged into my account, he didn't see anyone.

I don't see anyone I know who share what they're listening to But i  know they share it. 

I think something happened to my account

istvan033_0-1663362411865.png

istvan033_3-1663362159486.png

istvan033_2-1663361937696.png

istvan033_0-1663361885556.png

Hi, I have an individual premium plan. For months, I haven't been able to add friends I know to be on Spotify, even when they have had the option of allowing others to view listening activities toggled on. It is super weird as I even have a "blend" playlist with one of these said friends, and now the friend has disappeared.

This was not a problem before, I have a bunch of friends I follow and had been able to view listening activity, until months ago. It seems I am not given the option to add all of my friends on Spotify, even after having disabling/enabling disconnecting/connecting view activity or app options, and knowing it to be true that they have indeed connected the two apps and given rights to them both. 

I noticed that in my Spotify account settings under "Apps", Facebook is not listed as one of them, despite having disconnected and reconnected Facebook through the Spotify platform several times. If someone could advise what else could be done, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Suggested posts