Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in Ukraine (Yet another attempt)

Solved!

Spotify in Ukraine (Yet another attempt)

Okay, so let's do this again. I know this topic had been discussed here several times, but we must insist until it's finally done.

Dear spotify, we really need your service here, and this is why. What do we have right now?

- Thousands of people use Spotify via VPN or some other doubtful services.

- Thousands of people pay for Spotify with help of their friends from Europe / USA, or using their secondary PayPal accounts, which is not what they want to do.

- Thousands of people have to use Apple Music / Deezer / Google Play / etc., whereas many of them admin spotify to be much better.

- Thousands of people want to pay you, but now their money go to google/deezer/apple.

- Hundreds of artists sucessfully promoting their music on Spotify, but they still have to use tricky workarounds to manage their artist pages and check their own records.

- Spotify is the only big streaming service not available in Ukraine at this moment.

Right here, on this very community website, a lot of listeners from Ukraine have been demanding it since 2014. And they still are.

We need spotify to work in Ukraine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @effolkronium@tikhiy666 and @ovylehzhanin,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

As @Guido explained above, we don't have more news regarding this to pass on. Keep in mind that there's an idea here about Spotify launching in Ukraine that you can add your +VOTE and feedback to.

We'd also recommend subscribing to that idea so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on regarding this. 

You can find more info about how your feedback reaches Spotify and how ideas get implemented in this Spotify Answer.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with! Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

Spotify recently launched in Ukraine, and now the Spotify mobile app and web player have language support for Ukrainian.

You can read more info in this news article here:

Spotify Is Rolling Out 36 New Languages on Mobile

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify are launching in new countries as often as possible.

Be sure to add your email to http://www.spotify.com/why-not-available/ to be the first to hear!

Thanks 🙂

Sorry, but your answer is quite disappointing. You wrote a standard reaction to such an issue, not even trying to get into details.

This is not a spontaneous suggestion. People have been inviting Spotify to launch in Ukraine since 2014 (!). And all this time support team ignores us, just saying general words like "we are launching in new countries as often as possible...".

Just think how much the Ukrainian community is loyal to your service, that we still wait and want to use Spotify in our country, despite your indifferent attitude to us during all this time.

Even if you do not plan to launch Spotify in Ukraine in the nearest future, just let us know about your plans in details. Lack of information annoys many people, your potential clients. So please respect us and give us a more detailed response on this topic.

Hey @romaniv and @Hasteg,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We are not ignoring you! But the answer @Brunelicia gave you is the only answer we can give at the moment.

We are trying to have Spotify available everywhere in the world. It's not so easy however and depends on a lot of factors.

Spotify is coming to new regions regularly so be sure to register on this page and you'll get an email as soon as there is further info 🙂

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for your response, @Guido. Wish you a nice day too.

Hey @romaniv,

No worries! We're here to help if you have any other questions.

Have a great day 🙂

@Guido hey)
1. Could you provide some of factors stopped Spoty incoming...?
2. Is it possible to make some impact from the community-side if the problems are goverment-related?
We are very expecting for Spotify launch in Ukraine, because it's really damm-good service to use <3.

Perhaps when Ukraine gets serious about copyright laws...

And all the countries covered by Spotify are dead serious about copyright? 

@Birdhouse90 wrote:

Perhaps when Ukraine gets serious about copyright laws...

lol, so these countries are ok with laws? for cat's sake )))

•  Algeria
  • Bahrain
  • Egypt
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Morocco
  • Oman
  • Palestine
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Tunisia
  • United Arab Emirates

In that case, how does Apple, Google and others launched their services in Ukraine?

Still as mentioned above Ukrainian community is ready to pay for the service, which shows that it is seriously oriented to "fight" piracy in some sense and shows respect to artists!

Call to Zelensky and reach agreement. haha

They just don't care about us. We'll get support only when they start want to give it to us

Marked as solution

Hey there @effolkronium@tikhiy666 and @ovylehzhanin,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

As @Guido explained above, we don't have more news regarding this to pass on. Keep in mind that there's an idea here about Spotify launching in Ukraine that you can add your +VOTE and feedback to.

We'd also recommend subscribing to that idea so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on regarding this. 

You can find more info about how your feedback reaches Spotify and how ideas get implemented in this Spotify Answer.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with! Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

you have said that we have some problems with laws but at the moment in Spotify are present a lot of music from Ukraine singers

how it's works?

That's easy. While you're not officially presented in Ukraine you should not pay taxes here. Voila!

*I know for sure that there are thousands of registered users from Ukraine. For sure it's not comfortable to hear all this stuff about laws. We're just paying while everyone else is stealing or using some other services ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Shame on us

@Birdhouse90 uhm...as far as I know, spotify was created exactly to deal with piracy and did it, so what the problem?) Probably Google, Apple, Deezer or Netflix never heard about that coz they are works fine here for a years, but for us main problem still left in impossibility(very, very hardcore) to install spotify on ios devices and listen music from them.

Perhaps because everyone who wants to use Spotify found the trick to do that we don't getting it in Ukraine. Just use second one good enough instead finding tricks. If everyone who connected to Spotify using trick disconnects- they will start thinking 

Another generic answer. Good. I was beginning to worry there won't be anymore. There's an old proverb "Those who seek change search for an opportunity, while those who tends to avoid it, search for a reason". This describes your company in a nutshell, I mean, the second part, of course. I don't know your reasons but you simplly don't wanna introduce Spotify in Ukraine. At least several hundred ukrainians have already asked you to do this. Look at this topic, for instance. And all your answers lead to another blah-blah-blah-we work on this issue-work hard-maybe-in distant future-but we don't know when-now shut up-let us work for you some more-blah-blah-blah. Seem like drop-off messages to me. So I became tired of waiting for never happening and subscribed to Google Play Music. It perfectly works in Ukraine, has same 40 million songs on demand, same services, and... surpise-surprise... it's cheaper. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just want to listen to some good quality music on the go. It might have been your company I had chosen, but, alas, you wasn't willing. And while you continue generating these generic answers for years now, you keep losing future customers. Nice going, Spotify!

Might have been sincerely yours, but... oh, well,

Dmytro.

I wonder how I can register if I can’t even download applications. IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY COUNTRY ???????????????????????
Moved:

Suggested posts