Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify is adding tracks to my playlist?

Solved!

Spotify is adding tracks to my playlist?

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

(iPhone 11, iMac, iPad)

Operating System

(lastest OS in all devices)

My Question or Issue

For three days now, Spotify keeps adding a bunch of tracks to my own playlist, this is very annoying and I'm kind of deleting stuff everyday now. I want to manage may playlist choices.

This is a Premium account, the Enhanced is off so I don't understand what is going on. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @anabelacc,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you please let us know which device you're using? 

If you're experiencing this on your mobile device, we can assume that you have the newest Smart Shuffle feature turned on on your playlist and that might be the reason why this is happening.

If that's the case, we'd suggest that you turn it off and check if you'll experience the same. You can turn Smart Shuffle on or off whenever you want by tapping through the Shuffle button at the top of your playlist or on the Now Playing View. 

You can find more info about the Smart Shuffle in this article. If you have any input about this new feature - you're welcome to share it in this thread as your feedback is important to us!

If the above is not the case, could you send over some screenshots of your playlist, queue and NPV?

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @anabelacc,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you please let us know which device you're using? 

If you're experiencing this on your mobile device, we can assume that you have the newest Smart Shuffle feature turned on on your playlist and that might be the reason why this is happening.

If that's the case, we'd suggest that you turn it off and check if you'll experience the same. You can turn Smart Shuffle on or off whenever you want by tapping through the Shuffle button at the top of your playlist or on the Now Playing View. 

You can find more info about the Smart Shuffle in this article. If you have any input about this new feature - you're welcome to share it in this thread as your feedback is important to us!

If the above is not the case, could you send over some screenshots of your playlist, queue and NPV?

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator

Thank you so much, that was really it. Guess it’ll be back to normal now.

Hello there!
I thought turning off the Smart Shuffle would work but on Desktop it keeps adding songs and songs to my playlist... this is sooooooo annoying 😞 And not having the possibility of selecting all and delete, I have to do it one by one, everyday. I'm attaching a screenshot of the playlist... unfortunately I already deleted all added songs today. So basically the Chet Faker one is my latest addition.
I'd be very grateful if this could be fixed.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 10.55.03.png

Hey @anabelacc,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the issue persists, we'd recommend securing your account using these steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I came to the community and saw how to stop Spotify adding songs with turning off auto play  and smart shuffle which was brilliant - or so I thought!! Now I know the songs I add in my playlist so when I play a song that’s not mine it’s blatantly not one of mine cus it’s an artist I don’t like.  So I check to see if has the green thing you got with smart shuffle and it doesn’t.  
so can you please confirm you are still adding songs to people’s playlist even if smart shuffle is off! 
can you please confirm this is going to continue without us wanting to!
can you explain why you are doing something that people don’t want! 

Hey @Aphrodisax,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

If Autoplay and Smart Shuffle features are turned off, and the play queue is empty, the app should not add unwanted songs to your playback.

If you've already secured your account as suggested previously by @MihailY, and the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it). This will give us a better look to continue investigating.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can I ask why you need a video?  Of the songs that I haven’t added? 
regarding the suggestion about securing my account - it’s secure.

it’s Spotify adding to my playlist that is a private playlist. 

Hey @Aphrodisax

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, are you using Premium or the free service? 

We can confirm that if you have Premium, Spotify doesn't add any recommendations to your personal playlists. As @OscarDC mentioned previously, if you're sure no one else has access to your account, this only happens when you have the Smart Shuffle feature turned on. You can also hear recommended songs when Autoplay is on or when you have songs in the play queue. 

With that being said, could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? If this happens only on a specific device, could you send us a screenshot where we can see the playlist with the songs that weren't added by you? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

However, if you're using the free version of Spotify on your phone, and your playlist has less than 15 tracks in it, the app will automatically add new songs to the playlist so that its runtime increases and you don't get the same songs twice. Keep in mind that this feature cannot be disabled. 

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there, thanks for coming back on this.

The account is secure… this really is a glitch on Spotify because every time this happens the songs added are the same you find below the playlist in recommended. Although sometimes there are good findings there, most are not.

Yesterday I cleaned up again, today the playlist is still intact but not for long I think. I try to screenrecord when it does it again.

Hi again,

Here you have a screen recording... the issue persists, a bunch of new additions again this morning. Up to 3 weeks ago, that's when I stopped adding songs. Please help me... this is super annoying. 

Hey @anabelacc,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

This indeed looks odd.

We'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your device. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

In case you're still experiencing this - let us know 🙂 

Hope you find this useful.

LyubkaModerator

Hey there,
Thanks for the tip... it didn't work though. I logged out from all devices and then logged in back twice on desktop. The findings? Just before logging out, I had songs added 0 secs before... after doing as you suggested... they're still there unfortunately.
I really don't know what to do but I don't want to keep deleting stuff, one by one, almost everyday. Here you have the vids... before and after 🙂

It shows that Spotify is adding songs stealthily because people turned off smart shuffle. 
this needs to stop.

if we wanted songs in our playlist we would add them!

STOP adding songs we don’t want!! 

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We'd recommend that you get in touch with our Customer Support team via one of the channels here as they can take a closer look into the matter and help you with this.

As much as we'd like to assist you further - we can't make any account related actions here in the Community as we don't have access to the necessary systems and tools to look into this.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator

I would like to have a choice if I wish for Spotify to add songs to my playlists. These are my playlists chosen by me listening to music and saving to a playlist according to style. I do not wish for all of the artists songs adding or whatever you decide to put in it. I should be given the choice because I have to listen to all of these songs and I don't want to. I have tried deleting your songs but you put more in. I am definitely not paying just to be able fast forward something i dont want in the forst place..

This forum is very confusing... It's embarrassing how long we need to bump around on stuff before actually finding the bug report section. I've just been rerouted from here.

Anyways, here is the issue:

This song started playing when I was listening to my liked songs playlist:

Screenshot_20240429-201750.png

You can clearly see it's not liked. When hitting the (-) button, it says it was hidden from the liked songs playlist. But it was never there to begin with.

I don't even listen this sort of music. It's folk music from a different part of the country. Here is a screenshot of my liked songs playlist so you get an idea of what I do listen to:

Screenshot_20240429-201817.png

One of these songs showed up AGAIN even though I literally told your defective algorithm not to. It was shown with the (-) button marked in red, evidencing that it shouldn't play again.

This seems to be a recent bug. I've never had this behaviour before. I'm starting to think you sold views to a studio and are now showing unrelated songs to people who hate the genre as well just to boost up the listening count.

If you are recommending this just because it's folk music from my country, you are a tasteless insensitive company. This is folk music from a completely different region of the country. Not even close to the folk music we have where I live.

It's definitely not related to this other issue, as these songs aren't being added to the liked songs list. They are just being played as if they were. If I'm playing a playlist, I don't want songs that aren't part of the playlist. Even if the song is actually from a genre I listen to. There is zero reasons to recommend songs in a playlist

So, here we go again... being rerouted again... "Smart Shuffle" is not very smart if it plays songs that aren't part of the playlist. That being said, it doesn't matter how many times I hit it, it can't be turned off.

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Android

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Im going mad. Tha automatically added songs are invisible on first glance, only when I click edit can I see that after my carefully picked songs, Spotify added just as many random songs. I'm not interested in this feature. I couldnt find a way to turn it off. Please help.

Suggested posts