NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks that I'm abroad when I haven't travelled

Spotify thinks that I'm abroad when I haven't travelled

Plan

Free

Country

Bahrain 

My Question or Issue

Basically, I've been getting the accesspoint17 error where I can't log into my account because it thinks I am abroad. I checked my account settings and the country I set it to is correct, and I've also checked my IP address and the location hasn't changed. My VPN is off as well, I've tried signing out anywhere in case someone has logged into my account and the result is the same.

I've obviously not travelled anywhere so I'm wondering how to solve this issue.

Also, while I'm unable to log in to my account because of the error on the app (on PC and on my Android) I can still launch the web player just fine. 

5 Replies

Hey @winnielepoo,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to make sure that you're not connected to a network with Firewall that might be blocking Spotify.

In case you're an Antivirus, make sure it's not blocking the app either.

You can send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I checked both my Firewall/Antivirus programs and neither of them were blocking Spotify. I blocked and then unblocked it to check if it would make a difference, but nothing happened. 

I also tried reinstalling Spotify and resetting my password but I still get the same results. 

This is the message I've been getting:

27ad676c-2dad-4700-9214-841f45b065c4 (1).png

Hey @winnielepoo,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try logging in your account page. After that change the country to the one you're currently in.

Note that if you use a VPN, the app may count your time on the VPN as time abroad. This is why we don't recommend using one.

After that your account should again be unlocked.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, yes, as I said, the country set in my account is already the one I'm currently in. My IP address and the region my devices are set to are also in the correct location. I don't my use my VPN often so it's already turned off. My account is still locked though.

Hi @winnielepoo,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support so that they can take a closer look directly on your account.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts